1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grayson Best Leeds Manager Ever - FACT

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ristac, Jul 27, 2011.

1. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

I just remember crying like a little bitch

2. Simon21-LUFC

Simon21-LUFC Well-Known Member

After full time I just stood still with my arms aloft for about 5 minutes.

3. billyboy

billyboy New Member

grayson will never be owt like revie

4. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

Who ever says OLeary was a good manager think agai nhe spent vast amounts of money but left a whole in our armour when he never replaces Harte look what happened when he met Hector Cuper we were thrashed because Cuper attacked Harte who had no pace the best manager was Revie by far and Revie had not been at the club long when we almost got relegated he certainly hadn,t been a full season.Wilko bought some useless players with big reputation he also had a jewel in Cantona and gave him away so I put Larry the lap dog second I do hope he gets rid of that title by telling BATES NACK ME OR SACK ME!

5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The game has changed far too much, Leeds and Revie were just a perfect combination. Saying that a European cup win sometime in the future would certainly boost the manager into super stardom where I am concerned.

6. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

I'm talking about the 2008/2009 season.

Peterborough were only 5 points ahead of us, when Grayson took over, and they went on to finish 2nd. Millwall were in a similar position, at that stage of the following season, and got promoted. Look how much tables change from January to May. Grayson didn't do enough with a squad that was more than good enough to get promoted.

You shouldn't have been too nervous to sit down on the last day of the season, Simon. That's the whole point!

Josh, Davies and Jones are better and more successful than Grayson and Grant has only ever managed in the Premier League.

7. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

A lot of you are insane.

8. Jugster

Jugster Active Member

Don't rate Grayson, but he's not completely useless either. Macca was no better or worse and had much the same failings tactically. O'Leary was worse than either of them. Took a rock solid team put together by George Graham, benefitted from a great youth system, spent a fortune and won... nothing. Revie tops clearly. I just wished GG had stayed and been given the cash to spend. Any time we were losing at half time you knew he would spot the problems, adjust the team and come out the second half and get back in the game.

9. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Clive, i would literally shoot myself in the head if we appointed any of those three managers. You can hold me to that as well

10. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

How are they worse than Grayson, Josh?

Both Davies and Jones have taken teams into the Premier League, something Grayson will never do.

O'Leary took us to 3rd without spending a lot. And the only money he wasted was on Fowler and Johnson. Spurs have spent more than us, done no better, and Harry is hailed as a genius.

If Macca was as bad as Grayson tactically, how come he got decent results away from home? That includes the play-off semi final victory at Carlisle, which was not only one of the most complete performances from any Leeds team, but from any team, ever.

11. Josh-LUFC

clive, we have proved to you that grayson is a better manager than macca, got a better win record in the same league and even a league above, i just hate and i mean HATE both billy davies and jones with a passion, they are just cockmunchers. Avram Grant is just a **** manager that only got where he is today because he is a good mate of abromavich.

12. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

****ing clairvoyant are we now numbnuts

13. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

You haven't proven anything.

He doesn't have a better win record, and he's had a lot more games so you can't judge them on that either way.

I showed everyone that McAllister was better and presented a much better case.

Billy Davies is a total Alex Ferguson but he's a much better manager than Grayson.

14. Josh-LUFC

how do you just disagree to FACT, he does have a better win record, and if he has played more games, surely its harder to keep. He had a considerably better win record when they had both played the same amount of games.

You havtn presented any case to prove he is a better manager, if anything you proved the exact opposite. And billy davies is knob. He is a cry baby who just whinges when he doesnt get his own way, a total **** really. I think he should be taken out back and bolt gun him in the head, honestly it would make the world a better place

15. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

That's why I said you can't judge them on it either way. But if you look back on this thread you'll see that the orginal post was out of date and I posted Grayson's updated win record.

But it's not all about win percentages, it's about the bigger picture. There's no way you can argue that Grayson is better than Revie, Wilkinson, O'Leary, Graham or Armfield, even though some try.

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Compare McAllister and Grayson in Division 1 - Grayson walks it, he has a better win percentage, he got us promoted and he even got us a decent cup run beating some very good premier opposition. McAllister never got us promoted and we even got knocked out of the cup by Yeovil.

With very limited funding Grayson did us proud first season in the Championship, I love McAllister but not in a million years could I ever claim he is a better manager than Grayson. As I have said time and time again, Grayson is the right man for the job at this moment in time.

Hopefully one day Bates will sell the club to someone who cares and can re-invest a bit of money and we can then start questioning if Grayson should remain in charge based on results, spending and achievements. The likes of Jones and Davies wouldn't last 5 minutes with Bates as their chairman. For the record I don't rate Jones in the slightest, how he never won promotion last year is criminal, Davies on the other hand I don't like him as a person but as a manager I think he is great.

17. Josh-LUFC

No clive, you read me wrong, i do not compare him to revie or wilkinson, i really dont. He is not the greatest manager in the world but you need to see he is doing a good job and he is still young. He got promotion in his first fll season in charge of a football club at blackpool and was building a team that eventually went up to prem that used mostly his players that he brought in. He then got promotion with his first full season at leeds after saving our season with what macca left us and not making it a complete waste of time. Then he finished 7th in his first fulll season in the championship with a newly promoted club and is currently building a team that will be putting a serious push to improve upon that and get into the prem. They are all facts whatever way you look at it, more facts are that he has a better win percentage in league 1 than macca and also has a better win percentage than macca although being in a higher and tougher league.

I thought that the only manager that we have played against in recent years that as been better than grayson would be paul lambert, every one else had considerable amount of money and completely underachieved with it except maybe QPR. Just think about what you are saying because if we were to get rid of grayson which it would seriously take a lot for him to get sacked as he has showed what a good manager he is, we would then need to bring someone else in who would no doubt finish off the season which becomes another wasted season and then he would need to build a new squad as every manager does when they take over and then we would need another season to group as players which would be another season wasted and then we could put on a serious challenge for promotion. Its just stupid to even think about sacking a manager that is continuously taking the club forward and whatever way you look at it he has only taken the club forward since arriving and steadily improving each year as a manager

Just think about it clive

18. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

Football has changed so much in the last twenty years, it's almost impossible to make comparisons. Grayson has done well so far, he's made a few errors and I'm not overally convinced he's the perfect man for the job, but let us give him the time he needs.

19. Clivetime

Clivetime New Member

Grayson did make it a complete waste of time, though, as we didn't go up.

We might as well have finished 9th, but who's to say that had Macca stayed we wouldn't have gone up? But I'm just going round in circles here, people have very selective memories when comparing McAllister and Grayson, which is a shame because Macca is a club legend and Grayson is nothing to us.

20. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

Let's get one thing straight, MacAllister is a good coach, not a manager, coach. He had lost the dressing room before the FA Cup game and it was clear the squad were not with him as a manager. His CV shows he is a better coach or assistant manager, than the main man, so let's put the myth that he may have been a success to bed.