1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Grayson (again).

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Simon Grayson has offered some insight into the problems at Sunderland and believes that there needs to be a change of ownership.

Grayson left Preston North End to replace David Moyes in the summer, but only lasted 15 games - with Sunderland in the bottom three after a dismal start to the Championship campaign.

He was replaced by Chris Coleman, but Sunderland are still struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Grayson said: "It’s still an attraction as a big football club, hence I left a good stable job at Preston and Chris has gone there after what he achieved at Wales.

"He hopes that he can be the one who will turn it around. There have been some big managers that have gone there and haven’t made it a success for whatever reasons.

"I think that the problems are quite deep-rooted and there probably needs to be a change in ownership because there is no money to reinvest in the squad.

"There are a few players there who don’t want to be, but nobody else wants them because they’re on too big a wage and/or they’ve not got the quality required.

"So there are a lot of problems, but it is still an attractive prospect - which is why Chris went to the football club in the first place."

Sunderland are desperate to sign new strikers this window with Coleman currently relying on Josh Maja and Joel Asoro.

Grayson added: "I’m sure Chris realises that he needs to bring some strikers in. I’m sure that he will do, but it’s difficult when you’ve got no money to spend.

"They’re going through the academy players to give them something because that’s all that they’ve got at this time," he told Sky Sports.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Surely we can send back Galloway and Williams and free the spaces up? Don't see why we should be stuck with them.

3. Teessidemackem

Galloways a waste of space. Williams is fit again now he started training last week so it might be worth giving him another chance. Hes probably the most creative player in our squad.

red&white wanderer likes this.
  4. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

He’s spot on to be fair.

Nordic and Brian Storm like this.
  5. farnboromackem

farnboromackem Well-Known Member

Agreed. The thing is though, he's said exactly what people on here have been saying for months.

6. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

A bit slow Simon, but you got there in the end mate

Give it a few months and he will release a statement saying that both keepers he purchased are a bit on the sh1t side

7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Maybe. He's not the worst player I've seen but I don't rate him personally and more importantly what are the chances he'll get injured again? Pretty good I'd say.

Put it this way, because of his injuries I wouldn't sign him at this point so I'd rather send him back and do the extra work to get someone better in.

Teessidemackem likes this.
  8. Teessidemackem

Yeah true, depending on who else we could get id swap him.
    By creative i mean the only player that can out his foot on the ball and dictate play abit.

red&white wanderer likes this.
  9. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Williams is highly energetic and creative but so injury prone. If he can keep fit would be extremely good but sadly he's not match sharp or robust enough for this league imo
    But give him a final chance and do what we are great at.. hope :emoticon-0148-yes:

Teessidemackem likes this.