1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Graham Westley

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Oct 17, 2017.

1. brb

brb CR250

Strong rumours have it that he is at the game tonight and also that he was in attendance Saturday at Posh.

I had to check the date, no it's not April 1st....maybe it's just some Halloween joke by Scally and I can just let the MadDogs out on him.

Mr Chairman please do not even think about it! Keep Steve or even get the fat Steve, anything but not Westley!

2. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Scally has to give lovell Northampton game before he makes up his mind. After todays game Lovell must be new fav. Quality performance against a top side. Everyone played well and played with a real purpose. Finally enjoyed watching Gills play.

brb likes this.
  3. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

A picture of Westley in the Stand was circulating at the match. It is hard to imagine that he has not been offered the job. Lovell did not read the script. He was supposed to make a mess so that Westley could demonstrate immediate improvement.

brb likes this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Peterborough 5th before our game, Wigan 1st before our game, 4 points, 2 goals for 1 against, the football is brilliant.

If Scally replaces Lovell now he could be in for a fans backlash,

brb likes this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

I think Scally would be a complete and utter fool to replace Lovell at the moment and yes you are right, the backlash would be massive!

I will make it clear that I'm not sure if SL is the right man to take us forward BUT at the moment he has put more points on the table then I've drunk in the last week (pints).

Even after the teams massive four points we are still in the relegation places, that's how much of a poop we were in. So at the moment we have just got to keep doing what we are doing and the Chairman can sit back, relax and leave well alone for at least until Saturday.

Ok, now to Saturday...

Steve Lovell, Northampton is our bread and butter, you've tasted the glory, now time to get real, your third game in charge is a must win game against the Cobblers, forget Posh and Wigan, this is YOUR cup final!

Anything but three points will leave a big question mark over whether the supporters would agree you getting an extension until Christmas. Go out there, get the job done, put three points on the table and I, along with many other supporters will hold you shoulder high for the job for another 2 months. Good Luck.

grumpygit likes this.
  6. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Northampton had a bad defeat against Bristol Rovers, apart from that they have been in every game they've played under JFH, their away form especially has been good.
    This is a very winnable game but definitely not a given, we will need to go out and work hard, stick to our game plan, but most importantly treat it the same as Peterborough and Wigan.

alwaysright and brb like this.
  7. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    brb likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

Exactly - and even at Posh he was sacked after only 4 months!

ps. I thought it was only 4 months...it appears on checking he lasted 7 months.

9. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

The rumblings from Radio Kent and on twitter yesterday is that the understanding is that Westley is pretty much a done deal as disappointing as that is.

10. brb

brb CR250

You have got to be kidding me! I thought Scally was looking for someone...what was his words?

Well if the supporters lynch Scally it will be of his own making that's for sure.

11. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

They've been wrong before I guess but the amount of noise around this on Saturday evening is very concerning. It's mind boggling to think that the best option could be a manager who left Newport 11 points a drift of survival.

brb likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

If he takes on Westley he will become a laughing stock.

13. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Too late...already becoming one......

brb likes this.
  14. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Let the football speak for the Gills and Lovell. Seems to be sending out a clear message at the moment.