1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Graeme Hick

Discussion in 'International Cricket' started by yarco canary, Sep 25, 2013.

1. yarco canary

yarco canary Well-Known Member

I see Hick has been appointed to coach U19's and A team by Aussie Cricket.

I remember when Hick was thrashing the county bowlers in 80's and everyone was calling him the new "Bradman"
    Unfortunately he never really managed to perform at high level in Test Cricket.

He was really a disappointment and finished with a Test average of 31.32 with six centuries. He averaged 37.33 in 120 one-day internationals.

Still good luck to the guy in the future.<cheers>

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

I dont get the signing myself... Hick, as talented as he is must be down the line in terms of high quality coaches that the Aussies could have called on. What has happened to the strength in depth of the past players who only 20-5 years ago were beating everyone...

Warne helped out a little bit this year in the Ashes, probably as he was already over here. But they must have someone who the young Aussies would look up to and not some Zimbabwean who played against them, and not very well from my recollection, ages ago...

It dosnt seem a good fit for me, but hey, if they cannot fond a decent coach from there own shores then stuff em...<laugh><laugh>

3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

We use Flower, Mushie, Saker etc - none of them English