1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goodbye Craig

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by jambawamba, May 18, 2017.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Kante was a different case as while the money turned his head, it was playing under Raneiri that sealed the deal - is what happened with his move to Chelsea, we offered him equal or more money then them but he wanted to play under Conte.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Kante used us as a stepping stone ... no problem with that at all.... it's how it works... no point getting too attached to any player ... or being under any illusion about their motivation for joining... it's because we are the best deal on the table at the time ... it's not universal but it is the prevailing trend in the modern game ... :)

leicester_ed likes this.
  3. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

Yeah that's right and the top teams in the PL are stepping stones for the bigger clubs in Europe. It's only once they get to Barca and Real that they reach the final step, everywhere in between is a stepping stone.

4. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Oh, alright then. :emoticon-0150-hands Its not that I didn't believe you, it was the manner in which the info was sent. We all know communication can be different things to different people. What is sent is not always what is received.

I hope Shakey does get the job as he is pretty much in the fabric of the place now. I believe the players will play for him, whilst I don't believe they weren't playing for Ranieri, he just confused them. We all know Shakey is a great coach and if he gets a bit of support could well go on to make a great Manager. The recruitment is taken care of elsewhere but he will have his input.

PS. If Powell does become his number two I will always consider you as the Oracle. That's not a bad thing.

5. Champions of England

Yeah I accept I was annoyed by some of the responses from some posters and it was reflected in the way I wrote so yeah I accept that.

The thing is I know that if any of us were to meet up and have a yarn about our club we'd all get on but intonation doesn't carry in text and things easily get misconstrued so I've always got that in my mind. Yeah I've pissed you off and you've pissed me off but we're grown blokes not little school girls so we ought to be able to discuss stuff like this maturely and not fall out over stupid stuff. Life is too short for bullshit!

So I guess I'm offering an apology for cracking it and coming across as arrogant.

6. Champions of England

Oh and if it is Powell then I can't take the credit for it, it's what I heard but not from my source as this isn't an area my source is involved in.

Anything to do with the stadium and stuff on the non-playing side I learn about because that's the stuff that's relevant to my source so I do get info straight from the boardroom on certain subjects. This is why I get free season tickets and have no issue getting away tickets. I'm lucky.

I don't claim to know stuff that I don't know about or claim that my source has access to all info club related because that's not accurate. It's need to know and my source needs to know about stadium stuff. Hope that help clear it up.