1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good Time to be Playing Barcelona

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 19, 2018.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Everyone jumps on chance to disagree with me but only few agree with me albeit partially.

Can you put your predo where Tony is taking us if u see lot of up tick on his effort?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43213038

Italia job now.

Tony out

2. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I disagree with most things you say because in your posts you are always 1 dimensional, it's all about the here and now.
    That is the thinking that has made Chelsea the fruit cake Club it is.
    No thought to the future, no concept of hard work or planning, no consideration of what went wrong, why, and how to prevent it happening again.
    The Boards' " simple solution" that has worked pretty well has been, fire the manager , spend bucketloads on top players , win again. Easy.
    Except now we can't do that anymore. There are no more Managers of the required calibre.There is not enough money, the top players don't want to come here and the best players here want to leave.Then there's the potential top players in the youth teams that shoot through as soon as they can. One big, expensive disfunctional shambles.
    Most posters on here recognise this, and base their criticisms and suggestions on the big picture. You are all about one or 2 players, fire the manager, all done and dusted. That's naive at best, and a form of over simplistic black and white thinking. The number of Clubs that take that approach are always to be found fighting to climb out of the middle table. As we will be.
    Conte sees the big picture, is one of ,if not THE best managers we or anyone else will ever have. Better by some distance than the names being talked about as replacements, and he has fought, sometimes the wrong way, for the means to correct the idiocy which comes from above.
    RA is starting to see the big picture, and control his itchy trigger finger, the players are seeing the big picture, a large part of which is THERE IS NO SHORT TERM ANSWER.
    By far our best chance for top 4 this year is to put noses down, bums up and fight for it, with the players, coach and Board all on the same mission.

3. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

CP, that is not just our board who is trigger happy every other board even Leicester & Saints are following this.

I am not saying Board is blameless. Board deserves lot of stick but Tony deserves even more. For finishing outside 4th he didn't have to spend this much money.

He deserves to be sacked.

4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

When did that happen :huh:

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Stan...... Conte did not spend the money, nor did he get the players he wanted. Having seen our recent recruits perform, I fancy he has over achieved given the tools he has at his disposal. I still think we will finish 4th with or without him, feel free to come back and gloat if I'm wrong, I won't mind one bit.

Diego likes this.
  6. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Abu's I will never gloat against you or any other sensible poster here. I will not use our misery to gloat. I am just more disappointed than most out here. Because I expected more from Tony

7. Chelsea Pensioner

That's what I said, the other Clubs following this pattern are fighting to get out of the middle order. As we will soon be unless we wake up.
    Then there's Man City, Man Utd, with top managers who have spent big BUT got in top players and don't get rid of Manager after a bad run. Spurs and Liverpool have built patiently with work and skill to improve their quality and both are now showing success, and are both above us.
    Meanwhile there's us, with expectation we will repeat our normal dumb fire and hire, spend loads and be back in the same spot in less than 2 years.

8. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I 100% agree with you and see your point.

We are not Barca, Real, Manu, City or PSG - who hire & fire and spend Billions.
    We are not Leicester, Saints, Watford or Spammers - who hire & fire with few millions.

We are more like Pool & Spuds.
    But only difference is Conte is proven winner and won us already with next to shoestring.
    Clash of bigger egos is making it untenable for everyone.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  9. The Ginger Marks

He hasn't finished outside the top four FFS <doh>

10. The Ginger Marks

OK Stan, It's spill your guts time! 1) When was your first game as a Chelsea fan at Stamford Bridge? 2) How long have you been a redneck yank?

shedend59 likes this.

11. Chelsea Pensioner

WAS making it untenable. But there does seem to be a change in all parties at Chelsea. RA has holstered his guns, Conte is again getting passionate and Players are giving all they have. Our best bet is to work hard ,use what we have as best we can , and stick together. Getting rid of Conte will not help, he's the right man to get us out of this mess short term and longer term, but he needs the Board to listen, and they both need to work together on planning which players to lose, contracting those we want to keep and identifying those we need to get. All we can do as fans is get behind the team now and stop finger pointing.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  12. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

13. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Q1 never always working late and football teams get t.v. revenue so I'm a great fan
    Q2 since I saw deliverance love a Bango. Squeal like a pig

StanDMan likes this.
  14. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Could be goons... Half full least

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

:huh:

So when was the first/last time you went to the bridge?

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  16. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Yesterday

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

First and last?

Blueman likes this.
  18. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Good time for Rome.

Hope Rome get good against another Spanish evil

19. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

After seeing the majority of our games this season I genuinely think Roma are the best team we've played.

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Gotta say, if I am Liverpool now, I would be looking to get Bayern in the Semi.
    I fancy liverpool over two legs against Bayern far more than I do against Roma or Real.
    I think Liverpool could beat Real or Roma in a one off game (ie the final), but over two legs, i think Bayern would be their best shot.