1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good Time to be Playing Barcelona

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

FFS.
    Stan is trying to find a way to blame Fabregas for Christensen's mistake? <laugh>
    Why am I not surprised?

Yeah i second Drog's motion, please give up.

You have some weird fetish of targeting one or two players and just trying to blame them for everything, goals we concede, erroneous passes other players make, Brexit, One Direction breaking up.

2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I'm surprised Stan isn't blaming Mikel for that goal......<laugh>

This thread finally confirms what many have known for a while about Stan's football knowledge......

1-1 is not the end of the world. Remember a 1-1 at home v Arsenal in 2004 and then once we scored an away goal of our own at Highbury they **** themselves.

We just have to be a little more positive at their place and who knows. If we can get to half time at the Nou Camp and still be in the tie 0-0 or 1-1, anything can happen over that crucial last 45 mins.

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

He got tactics spot on imo,

He would not have risked Fab alongside Kante in a 3 4 3 otherwise.

We played really well. Width of the post away from deserved win. best we've played for months

4. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

The bridge was fantastic last night and everyone I spoke to after the game although disappointed to concede an equaliser were buzzin about the performance and not 1 player got a bad comment. Still got a chance 2nd leg if we play like that again

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, it was jumping. Standing ovation for players and Conte.

Both thoroughly deserved.

If we can play like this going forward we have a great chance of top 4 and good FA cup

6. shedend59

shedend59 Active Member

Support has really helped pull us through bad patch and I see today Hazard quoted all players are behind Conte . Hearing fans chanting Contes name constantly might have made some of them realise fans won't tolerate a repeat of non trying players .

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yep, great turnouts v Norwich and Hull at 30 a pop despite congested calendars.

Would have loved Spurs away in next round of Cup with 10k blues

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Have to agree, Conte was spot on I was way off. If it was also in his plan to get Willian to lead the line and let Hazard take the heat off Willian, then even more credit. If not, then only downside to Contes formation is it sacrifices Hazards input quite a bit.
    With Willian in that form though, doesn't matter.

9. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Nom,nom,nom,nom,nom. That's the sound of me eating my words, great display from all, not sure it was the tactics as I think it was a case of the players desire. Whether we had Morata or Giroud up top I still think it would have given us a bit more of an outlet, but that is my only moan, lets face it Barca ain't that good at the back when pressed and I think they were there for the taking, if we had have a little more ambition. Even with the defensive formation we should have been two up by half time. Hope Conte realises that Willian is a definite starter in all games and just to reiterate a previous poster Dave is a freakin monster of a defender, pound for pound probably the best in the world. I know of no other of his size that can dominate in the way he does, we are lucky to have him.

Gareth1808 and Naas Blue like this.
  10. Chelsea Pensioner

That makes 2 of us. Dave is gold, and so is Willian.
    Against Barcalona we showed we are so close to being a really great team, we just lack that midfielder we hoped Bakayoko might be ( and still may be one day) and someone to take the ball out from the back so we are not so predictable. Christensen will do that in time I believe, as will Zouma, and Luiz can do it now. Horses for courses needs to be Contes' motto. He's got the players, now use them.
    Really looking towards Nou Camp and what tactics/ selections Conte will make.

11. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

To all of you waxing lyrical about how adept Tony & co where last night, lest not forget it is Barca's cautious approach & ineptitude which played in our hands and we didn't capitalize on it.

Everybody comfortably swept aside that fact how almost Paulinho skinned Alonso inside 15 mins.
    That was a 100% goal thank fcuk for Paulinho!!

Alonso is clueless when it comes to defending.
    No Cescy & Alonso is the only way up for us !!

Cescy gleefully after his assist <doh>

Barca are not going to be ultra cautious with Paulinho, Busquets & Rakitic in Nou Camp.
    Cescy & Alonso WILL be suicide!!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  12. Libby

Libby 9-0

You're absolutely ****ing deluded.

Gareth1808 likes this.
  13. Chelsea Pensioner

Sorry Stan, for quite some time I have defended you and especially your right to say it as you see it.
    You criticise Fabregas to the point where it bores to snores and Alonso, highly rated by every football critic in the UK except you, gets the same treatment. Prior to this it was Mikel. Your posts increasingly fly in the face of evidence and facts.
    By all means write what you feel, but don't be suprised if no one bothers to read them anymore, the numbing negativity stretches peoples patience to breaking point.

14. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I don't think Zouma will ever be able to bring the ball out. The boy just isnt good with the ball at his feet (especially passing). Even worse than bakayoko!

Sorry stan not this time, Alonso actually played brilliantly last game and Cescy actually wasn't too bad.

15. chelsea - over 100 years of history

.<doh>

16. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

@StanDMan
    So what is the picture showing Fabregas and Messi supposed to mean?
    Are you saying that Fabregas somehow colluded with Messi to make sure Chelsea didn't win? <laugh>
    I am not sure what you are getting at!

Because all i can see is two mates who came through the same football academy and have likely known each other since they were teenagers, saying hello to each other after their teams have played.

Sir Alex and Jose used to meet up after Chelsea/Man United games and share a bottle of wine in their office. <doh>
    You really are a World class plonker aint you?

17. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

So this week most of you are saying Tony in??

2 weeks ago most of you are saying Tony should go.

U can call me eccentric but atleast I am not fickle like most of you all changing every 2 weeks.

It will be Tony out for you all in 10 days or so doh!!

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

No, I was saying that if the board are going to keep ****ing with Conte and not back him in the transfer market and threaten to sack him after a couple of bad results, its better that he goes. Because if he is not appreciated or feels he has a voice in the club, he has no incentive to perform to the best of his abilities and it really seemed like he didnt want to be at CFC.
    BUT......
    If, as what it appears has happened, the board have decided to listen to Conte, and not get reactionary when we get a couple of bad results, and they have decided to back him fully, then I am happy for him to stay. And you can see in the last couple of games, since they came out and said he is staying, that he has had a new lease of life, he seems to have some of the old passion back and he seems to be making the right choices in terms of personnel and tactics again.

19. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

No I don't see any change. This just lucky coincidence and everything will go for a tailspin when Judas fcuks us over with a 2-0 and Barca takes us to cleaners.

Board & players vote of confidence is final nail always. I always believe in History repeating.

To me Tony has massively Underachieved. We should be 2 pts clear of pep.

All injury and moaning from Tony are just plain BS.

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

<doh>

So when we get a bad result, it is all on "Tony", but when we perform well and get a result, it is a "lucky coincidence"?
    please log in to view this image