1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good Time to be Playing Barcelona

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Then again, I could be wrong !!!!

2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Williannnnn .

3. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Tony please go to 11 from current 10 and salvage something to take something back to Catalonia

4. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Tony never listens to me.... Why did we continue with 10 men after going 1 up?????

5. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

You never cross your own defence with a ball from left back area. Sackable offence. U11's know better than that.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  6. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

My post from YESTERDAY............................I was a left back, a full back, not a wing back. I was under general orders never to cross the half way line, my job was to tackle and win the ball and never ever pass the pass square towards my own penalty area on pain of death,

Bristol Blue likes this.
  7. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

So... You can play football obey general orders, but you can't get your paws to operate a teacup?

DferPolarBear likes this.
  8. The Ginger Marks

Stan still uttering his usual bollocks about Cesc who incidentally had a brilliant game.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  9. Chelsea Pensioner

Poor play,miss by Fabregas miss by Dave. Real villain was Christensen with an appalling pass.
    Game went exactly as I suspected, and again the better team lost. Any other day 2 or 3 nill.
    Barca don't like it up em but as always were protected by a ref who gives free kicks to Barca for taps and free kicks to Chelsea only for heavy fouls.
    Nothing to be scared of with Barca, they are a long way from unbeatable. An even minded ref and a bit of aggression throws them right off their game.
    Tough game next one, especially with Messi and Iniesta, who are telepathic.
    Great game by all our guys tonight, on and up we go.

10. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Hardly impressed without a recognised striker. So i'm saying without a striker we've not looked that good, it makes sense in my head...

Decent performance though, only disappointing this is not to have one. They aren't quite as good as I thought, I don't watch their league football so I only get to see them in Europe but they seem to lack a cutting edge now. Plenty of the ball in front of us but didn't go in behind at all. It'll be hard at the Nou Camp but we've definitely got a chance, just need to make use of the chances we get to go forward cause they'll have most of the ball again.

On another note, is there a better defender in world football than Azpilicueta? I'm not talking about all this nonsense of ball playing defenders and being able to pass 60 yards but in terms of keeping the ball out the net would you really want anybody else in your team? He's outstanding.

Willian and Hazard also very good especially when he went out left. Feel like Morata could've come on a little earlier than that.

Least we're still in the game!

BobbyD likes this.

11. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Exactly, what was Christensen thinking of with that pass? Has he been got at by a Far Eastern betting syndicate?

12. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I think that Suarez going mental at the referee appealing for the penalty, played a big part in the concentration lapse from Christiansen.

It was a rookie mistake to let it distract him, but that's how I read the situation. I think he took his eye off the game watching Suarez's reaction, and that's what lead to the silly misplaced pass across goal.

13. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Christensen looked nervous all night, there was one he misplaced earlier which went out for a corner and another which he hoofed forward after getting it from Rudiger I think, not like him really. Probably not used to the high pressure from the forwards, don't really get that domestically. Still, it's better he did it now, imagine the feeling had he done it in a semi final/final. He's still only 21, plenty to learn but he's continuing to impress and it's good that we're trusting him in big games like tonight.

14. Chelsea Pensioner

Spot on, this was a massive game and he did look good until his error, but who'd hold that against him after our last few weeks?
    Iv'e been saying for weeks he is not the finished article and needs more experience. Thanks to Conte he's getting both and he is getting better and better. Luiz is being crucified though, and should have started far more often in the PL. Now he's too rusty to even sub which is criminal in my book. We need both Luiz and Christensen, and Conte needs a boot up the ring.
    Too slow with subs again today was Conte.
    Still he has lifted the team and lifted spirits so well done to him .

15. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Are you kidding me?????

That was a lapse in concentration from Cescy or great assist from him to his bud Leo????

Ffs that Barca goal was on Cescy 100%!!

that was a straight forward regulation pass. Cescy screwed up playing his usual invisible / dummy role!!

Better to start with 10 than playing him in there!! I did ask Tony to pull Cescy around 60 mins after Will scored.

Just saw the highlights after work. 100% Cescy assist & Messi goal!!

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  16. Chelsea Pensioner

100% dreadful pass from Christensen, nowhere near close enough for Fabregas. Usain Bolt might have reached it, never Fabregas, and too short for Dave, who maybe should have stayed on his feet.
    Blame Christensen 95%
    Fabregas 0%
    Dave 5%
    Just a kindergarten error from Christensen, full stop. He lost concentration for a second, maybe because of Suarez' antics.
    Easy for Iniesta, great assist to Messi, simple well taken goal.

DferPolarBear likes this.
  17. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I give up guys, if you blame AC for that Cescy's howler..

18. Chelsea Pensioner

Stan, read the papers, check the forums, listen to the radio, watch the TV reports.
    EVERYONE, absolutely EVERYONE blames Christensen, not a single one points the finger at Fabregas. Most also agree that it is only Christensens' youth and inexperience to blame, and cut him some slack, and I agree. He played really well.
    Fabregas is unanimously praised for his good game, and the number of goal scoring opportunities he provided against Barca, even though he had to do more defending than normal because of Barcas' possession
    Fabregas has created more chances with his passing than ANY and EVERY other player in this years CL Competition with 22 .
    Shoulda gone to Specsavers ??

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    The Ginger Marks likes this.
  19. The Ginger Marks

I sometimes wonder if Stan is a sock account winding us all up with the Cescy thing as that could be the only plausible explanation for someone so stupid.

20. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Please, do give up. Football ain’t your bag <laugh>