1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good point or bad point?

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by Neilynotquite, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

I didn't get to the game yesterday, so I've only got the 5live commentary and Motd to go by. I've spoken up for Mick ever since he proved me wrong by keeping us up in that first season back in the Premiership, but each week he seems to make selection decisions that only make sense to him.
    Swansea had lost their four other premier league starts, but yesterday they looked brilliant. Was our formation wrong, did we just not play well enough, or have Swansea suddenly morphed into a top half team? Norwich gave a perfect demonstration of how to play against Swansea last week, and we seemed to learn nothing from it.
    Jason Roberts and Lawro both made the point that Mick was booed for his substitutions (not who he brought on, but who he took off), but that they obviously did the trick. Doesn't that mean he got the formation wrong in the first place? It's not exactly a secret that Swansea flood the midfield and are good at passing to each other.
    I thought yesterday, after five straight defeats, was time to freshen up the team. What does Guedioura have to do to get a start, he played a big part in turning the game against Newcastle? And I know O'Hara scored yesterday, but don't he and Jarvis need reminding they have to perform? Picking Milijas and Hunt yesterday might have sent a message that there is competition for places.
    Of course it feels good to rescue a point like that, but we need to be much better than that. At the moment we are not in the bottom three because Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton are all struggling. If one of them turns things round, we are in big trouble again.
    One more point. Mick looked really angry yesterday. How will that affect his decision making?

2. doctor love

doctor love Member

we have been to man city,arsenal and chelsea, so our away record is looking worse than what it could be, we was pants at norwich though