1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good on you nicky

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by BigotAlertAnalRimMan, Jan 31, 2012.

1. tekkerz

tekkerz New Member

I think you may have missed my point. I'm saying that shots and chances aren't the same thing. The stats don't distinguish between the types of shots and therefore are not indicative of the game.

I disagree with fans saying we created 20 chances when to me a shot from 20-30 yards generally only occurs when there is a lack of a better option. We are just lucky to have one of the best distance shooters in the league.

I was pleased that we created the three or for clear cut chances that we did last night and on another night could have scored all of them.

We do need a plan b though because we're becoming too easy to defend against.

2. Brough Tiger

Brough Tiger Well-Known Member

Doncaster havent kept a clean sheet away from home all season, that suggests to me that every game they have played they have employed exactly the same system as they did last night yet every other team has found a way of breaking them down at least once, except us. Surely that should tell you all you need to realise the players we currently have are not up to this system.

3. Leeds Met Tiger

Agreed for one reason; Simpson's minute against Ipswich. Comes on pitch, passes to Stewart, goal. Simpson needs to play the next game, just so there's something different!! Besides there might be 1/2 decent players left out of the 25 man squads in the premiership?

4. tekkerz

tekkerz New Member

I would like to see simpson feature but not in the current formation. Simpson doesn't have a high enough work rate to play up front on his own. With another striker? definately... but not on his own and given the Barmby is giving no indication on turning his back on the current formation I cant see Simpson getting a game for a while.