1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good Morning

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by ellandback, Jun 28, 2012.

1. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good Morning Everyone,

Fresh speculation today that mega rich Kuwaiti Fawaz Al-Hasawi is after Warnock as Manager of Nottingham Forest once his takeover completes. Obviously, Al-Hasawi is not aware that the Mighty Whites are up for grabs too, why would an investor go for any other club over Leeds???

Dennis Wise is looking for a return to football Management. What did everyone think of him when he was in charge of us???

Leeds North MP Greg Mulholland thinks England’s footballers should have their own anthem rather than singing God Save The Queen before matches and has called for the tradition to be scrapped because the anthem belonged to the whole UK rather than just England. Thoughts?

2. Cosmic_LUFC

Cosmic_LUFC Active Member

to be fair God Save the Queen isn't the most rousing of anthems

3. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

Morning Elland. Can't think why Anyone with serious money would want to buy Florest. They have been hanging around the lower leagues longer than Leeds. They're a club not going anywhere soon. We, on the other hand, can still fill grounds & use up our entire allocation for away matches even though we're only two seasons out of L1. Were we to finally get some serious investment, we'll get back to where we should be & be challenging for Europa league places within a couple of years.

On Dennis Wise, he's a good 2iC to someone with a bit more footballing nouse. He did afterall galvanise the team to win our first 5 games of a L1 season when we started off with -15. What he lacked was just a bit more knowledge on the finer points of tactics. What's he doing now by the way?

On anthems, the rugby team having swinging, the cricketers have Jerusalem, not sure I can think of an anthem for the football team other than either the great escape or Land of hope & glory. At least Woy's got them singing the national anthem at last, albeit with somewhat less enthusiasm than the rugby team.

4. Cosmic_LUFC

it was clear that Poyet was the brains behind their partnership

5. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Yea I agree with this

6. BoggersMOT

Fair point Cosmic. Its the same as Clough & Taylor. Clough was nothing without Taylor, which in some respects explains why he only lasted 44 days with us.

7. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Morning all <ok>

8. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Bad morning all :(
    Some of you will have seen my car smashed up last night if u got me on twitter!!!!

9. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

****! Not your baby <yikes>

What happened mate?

10. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Christ, just had a read Kissa. Claim whiplash & put it towards the repair costs!

I suppose finding a witness now is going to be near on impossible and as you went into the other car even though it wasnt your fault its going to be a hard one to prove.

Maybe a no win no fee case maybe worth taking up?

Really feel for you pal, I know that was your baby :(

11. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hope you're okay YWBK, deffo, put in a claim

12. BoggersMOT

Not good news YW. Hope no one got hurt (I don't have twitter, so I can't follow).

13. Cosmic_LUFC

England Footballers should take on Queens We Are The Champions as their anthem<whistle>

14. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

I'm just on with getting CCTV footage that will prove me in the right but that's the only way I can win

15. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

16. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Morning all

17. bucks_is_leeds

Forum Moderator

Morning Ristac <ok>

Anyone else reckon we will sign Kenny tomorrow?

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't quite get my head around it all at the moment. If it is this Middle East guy going to be buying us then the funds given to Warnock will be astronomical and I would have thought break the bank on a younger keeper who will see us through over the next 5-6 years. If not and it is someone with more than a healthy bankroll then yes get Kenny and have Lonners as a decent reserve with no rush to sell.

I just assumed the deal would be £500k for Kenny and recoup £750k or there about for Lonners leaving the 250k we require for Peltier, this was all working on a Bates budget. Has Warnock got a plan A and a plan B depending on funds available?

19. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Afternoon all,

Does anyone really think Wise will get another job as a manager? I don't. Squinty tosser.

Was hoping to come up with a smartass tune for the england anthem, but failed miserably. TBH though, I think you need something with passion in it. We've got our 'Flower of Scotland' & 'Scots Wha Hae' to rouse the blood. You need something similar, but I think it might fall on a lot of deaf ears. There is a tendency in england for fans as well as players to put their club before country. Not so in Scotland. Would be interesting to hear if it's an england-only disease, or if it's spread across the world.

Going off-subject, I got this crap joke in my mail today, but it made me laugh ...

As the coffin was being lowered into the ground at a Traffic Wardens funeral, a voice from inside screams
    &#8220;I&#8217;m not dead, I&#8217;m not dead. Let me out!&#8221;
    The Vicar smiles, leans forward sucking air through his teeth and mutters
    &#8220;Too f**king late pal, I&#8217;ve already done the paperwork&#8221;

20. BoggersMOT

I prefer the story of Craig Levein trying to seek inspiration from a higher power.

So there he is, talking to god & he says God I've got three questions for you. Can you help?
    God says, I'll see what I can do. So Craig Levein says, when will Rangers be admitted back into the SPL & help to supply players for the Scottish football team? God says, 2050. Craig Levein says, that's no good, I'll be dead by then. Sorry says God. Ask your next question.

Okay says Craig Levein. When will a team other than Celtic or Rangers win the SPL to help me have a wider pool of players to choose from? 2050 says God. That's no good says Craig Levein, I'll be dead by then. Sorry says, ask your final question.

Okay says Craig Levein, when will we next beat England. Don't know says God. I'll be dead by then!!!!!!!!!!!