1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good luck Jonas and Bart!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Bigalreigned, Jun 3, 2018.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

By the way, if McGoldrick was on £20k (entirely plausible), that's a million of the £10m or so playing budget accounted for and there are 30 in the first team squad. That would make the average playing salary in the first team squad £6k per week.

2. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

No idea where you get the £10 mill wage bill from mate, it's over £17 mill

' On the latest set of accounts, Andrew explained: “We knew we had additional money coming in from the league in terms of solidarity payments (up from £5.35m to £7.77m, including TV and radio fees) and a lot of that was reinvested in the squad as you can see from the increased wage bill (up from £16.57m to £17.78m). '

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-finances-16-17-debt-rises-to-89m-1-5316977

Not trying to have an argument for the sake of it, but we have many a first teamer on £8-£13k including appearance fee / clean sheet / goal bonus etc.

Bart will already be one of the top 5 earners or so and I would imagine if he ends up staying ( I don't see it ) he'll be our top earner and rightly so.

Before I get a response of ' ahh that was the 16/17 wage bill ' - it won't have come down £7 mill in one year - bearing in mind Celina would have been a massive wage / other loanees etc.

Football is just out of control ££££ wise !!!! Ridiculous!

Re Bullard - we paid closer to £20k for his loan spell here p.w.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  3. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

According to Football Manager 18, which is fairly accurate with player salaries due to people at football clubs contributing to the game details, Bart's weekly wage is at £9k. Bart was on around £5k when he was first brought into the club, but pretty much all football contracts come with a fairly hefty yearly wage increase. So over the past few years, it's risen a few grand. And as others have stated, after taking into account your basic appearance fee (and then your additional goal and clean sheet bonuses), he probably brings home around £12k some weeks. Still nothing compared to what most teams in the Championship pay, before even starting on Premier League sides.

4. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Yorkie your spot on I’ve heard he is on 6k and is being offered 8k.....don’t no about any add ons..........

He might have waited to see if he can squeeze some more once Hurst takes charge.

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Hi Westlake

My understanding (might be wrong) is that £17m or £18m is for the entire staff. You can immediately take off £2m for the managers, £1m for other coaching staff, £1-£2m for the Directors and their expenses - before ground and Playford Road staff, matchday staff, Marketing, Sales, Planet Blue etc. Don't have all the figures but by a rough estimate the playing staff budget would have been around £10m of that figure.

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

You absolute genius Nuggets..

His contract has only been renegotiated once in Feb 2016 and that's when he signed his current deal. At the time he wasn't established so there's no way it almost doubled at that point. He will currently be on whatever was agreed then.

7. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I have it fairly good authority that only McGoldrick and Huws were on £10k+ from the current/recent squad. (Huws near to 15k and McG on roughly £18k)

The likes of Chambers and Skuse are somewhere around the £9k mark, along with Bart and others who might be slightly lower

8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I would hazard a guess that Grant Ward is on the most in the squad now.

9. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Then i am absolutely flabbergasted, and now know why we haven't signed any decent players and have only attracted journeymen

10. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

It will be Huws.. Though I expect Ward is up there with Chambers, Skuse, Jonas, Garner and Waggy at being close to £10k a week.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It's no secret stretchy.

Mick McCarthy never had the option to go out and sign players because Evans has been making cuts to limit the club's losses. He has never taken the approach that one season in the Premier League wipes out the club's debt so it might be worth taking some risks.

Maybe Evans didn't trust McCarthy's judgement enough to take that gamble.

12. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

A lot of 'in-the-know' people work on Football Manager games these days, and club data and player attributes are typically provided by people working at the respective club, particularly at Premier League and Championship levels. All contracts accommodate yearly wage rises which are automatically triggered, so Bart may have had a weekly wage of around £5-6k a couple of years ago, and so it is feasible he could be on around £8-9k now, also factoring in performance-related add ons.

13. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Well... Palace have gone and signed a keeper

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44412348

Obviously they may not be the only side that were / will be interested in him, but we can tick Palace off the list of potential sides to bid for Bart

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  14. Westlake33

Hennessy's contracts up this summer so status quo at Palace.

15. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Lets hope so!

16. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

That might be so, but I cannot see Palace going out and spending a few million on another keeper to sit on the bench.. They've already signed a 1st choice keeper and they've nailed their colours firmly to the mast on Guaita being their No.1

Also, I cannot see Bart leaving us to sit on the Bench.. Premier League or otherwise, so I think Palace would be looking elsewhere for a 2nd choice keeper (If indeed they view that as a position they need to fill)

17. Westlake33

If Bart were to go to Palace, they would say he'd be fighting for the no 1 spot along with the other chap they've signed. It'd then be up to him as to whether he had faith he'd get into the line up.

Palace are hardly going to be open / honest and say ' ah yeah you'll 100% be on the bench '

I mean they get £40 mill off the bat - and looking at this article -

https://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-prize-money/

Heck Palace earned £114 mill by them means during the course of the season.

I don't see £3- 6 mill ( generous, we NEVER get top fees for a player ever ) really turning Palace off. Likewise, think other prem clubs / top flight clubs from overseas may well fancy snapping him up and taking him off our hands.

We'll see though! Absolutely love it if he were to stay, just don't see it.

I mean Stoke are splashing the cash - just spent £7 mill on a midfielder today. They'll be right up there next year - Butland likely to go, Bart may appeal to them. They could easily treble his wage, if not more if necessary.