1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good Friday NO RACING post

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by heisenburg, Mar 29, 2013.

1. heisenburg

heisenburg Well-Known Member

Have a great Easter everybody

Keep up the Good Work

and as always

S
    T
    A
    Y

F
    R
    O
    S
    T
    Y

:emoticon-0115-inlov

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cheers Heis, you too.

3. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Cant believe this forum does not have a Kranji expert <yikes> Maybe even a Turffontein expert! Cmon guys put the work in otherwise it will be a "NO BET" banner from me today <laugh>

4. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Good luck to anybody finding something to wager on today. However tomorrow evening sees me venturing back down south for a trip to Henlow dogs. My last and only trip to a dog track was nearly 30 years ago. So if any of you have any knowledge of the greyhound scene that they could pass on I'd be very grateful. My mate suggests combi bets but I would have thought the chances of selecting the first 2 or even 3 home are slim to nil.

5. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Chan,

Greyhounds are pure random.

If you are happy to risk around £20-25 on the night, then I'd play 50p Reverse Tricasts (cost £3 each) and over the 7 or 8 races the worst case scenario is you are £20 down, best case scenario is that you might land a £150+ return depending on the way the results drop.

I've only been once or twice for fun nights out with the lads but I saw some tricasts paying as much as 300/1.

6. Dexter

Dexter Well-Known Member

Hello lads.

Who needs racing when there is a Carry On movie telethon on ITV3!!..proper cultural experience.

Carry On Don't Lose You're Head currently screening with Sir Rodney Ffing,Citizen Bidet and the Duke de Pommefrites! <laugh>

Anyhow..I'm off to Bilbao(my team needs me!) so good luck with the punting this weekend and the GN next.<ok>

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

There's no accounting for scrimmaging and dogs shooting out the back but I remember reading somewhere that if the hare is on the inside back 1, 2 & 6 and if its on the outside back 1, 5 & 6. The logic being that the two nearest to the hare rail will see the hare first and the one furthest will cross over to the hare rail. Of course if the ones with the "advantage" are slow starters it scuppers the theory.

8. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go as far as to say there pure random, I know quite a few good judges on the dogs :biggrin:

9. BENNYQ

BENNYQ New Member

Ive been to Henlow a few times being my local track and the outside traps generally run the best so betting 5-6 reverse through the card wouldnt be the worst way to spend your dough !

10. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Cheers for the advice Topclass, Ron and BennyQ. 50p reverse tricasts look like the order of the day.

11. BENNYQ

BENNYQ New Member

4 x 5-6 forecasts came out last night not bad wouldve paid £70.00 to a £1.00 stake