1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Good day to hide news, Terry Charged

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by deedub93, Jul 27, 2012.

1. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Associated press reporting:- FA charge Terry with racially abusing Ferdinand.

2. deedub93

3. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But he's innocent!

4. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

Terry whispering to Suarez....how many games did the FA do you for?

please log in to view this image

5. deedub93

In the eyes of the law.....not guilty can mean not proven or innocent

6. deedub93

The FA are seriously short of balls, sneeking it out a couple of hours before the olympics opening ceremony.

7. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad Well-Known Member

Let's hope they don't bottle it like that moronic judge

8. deedub93

HIAG is going to be split on this one, if he gets off we won't hear the end of it from the whinging scousers.

9. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

We play them in the 8th game of the League campaign so if he gets a "Suarez" he'll be back just in time because there's the League Cup to get rid of the extra game with if he appeals and dodges the Community Shield :)

Unless they do him for the racism bit it's a bit harsh to be charging him for foul language given that everyone swears on the pitch.

10. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

While I don't believe Terry is racist, I still don't believe his side of the story and just because someone isn't racist, it doesn't mean they can use racist language so I can understand why the FA are charging him.

Racism is a evil trait so in any context it needs to be tackled, especially in such a high profile sport.

11. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

That's lawyer speak trying to confuse the jury - saying they're not a racist is trying to plant a seed in the mind of the jury that he couldn't have used racist abuse.

12. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't believe Terry's story, just because it's completely unconvincing and his claim doesn't make sense.
    He simply didn't have time to say the, "I didn't call you a...", part of his defence and then went on to also call Ferdinand a ****ing knobhead.
    The QPR man had no reason to lie if his version of events wasn't true, Terry had plenty if his wasn't.

13. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

Weather he is racist, or not, shouldn't come into the court as he isn't being charged for being a racist, he is being charged for using racist language, so I fail to see how the FA can't charge him.

14. humanbeingincroydon

Defence lawyers' job is to obscure the truth to get their client off (even though they get paid either way...), so if their client on a charge of using racist language they say he isn't a racist and hope a black friend will stand as a character witness. That doesn't in any way prove they didn't use racist language, but it does sow the seed of doubt in the minds of the jury.

The same applies for any other charge.

15. Boss

Boss Son of Pulis

I've been on jury service twice so don’t you worry hbic!, i know how these sneaker lawyers operate! yet in this instance I don't see how he can escape any punishment as isn't this a Panel that decides on the outcome.

16. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I can't wait till HIAG and totsfan have the news broken to them <laugh>

17. My views on this particular subject can probably be anticipated by the Chelsea boys.

I think a charge by the FA was inevitable, given the evidence that was put before the magistrate. The standard of proof in a criminal court is extremely high, and if the judge had even the slightest doubt that the language used was for the purpose of racially abusing Ferdinand, he had to make a finding of not guilty. The standard of evidence required by the FA in order for it to administer its own rules, will be much lower, and I have no doubt (having read the magistrate's judgement) that the FA will have to find that John "iron my hood, bitch!" Terry has fallen below the standard required of professional footballers that come within the ambit of the FA's rules.

In the wake of Klan-gate, the FA will be extremely disappointed that some footballers appear not to have got the message, that any form of racial abuse will not be tolerated. I expect the FA to come down on Terry like the proverbial ton of bricks, and quite rightly so.

18. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

One of the most objectionable characters to have marred the face of the game. Let's hope he doesn't wriggle free a second time.

19. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

You sad bastard.

He'll get 2 games suspended just to wind the scouse up.

20. humanbeingincroydon

At least my fear that the ridiculously trumped-up charge for Frimpong wasn't done just to deflect attention from Terry and the FA's inaction to do anything about him.