1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Gone Fishing Chairboys v Cod 11th Feb 20

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Feb 11, 2020.

1. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

I hope not I am on an away day to an ex Premier League Ground on Saturday & we think we've got problems

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm going to say this and then grab my tin hat and dive in my trench...................

You thought you were over performing and could hardly believe your points and league position. Now, when your real season expectations are being realised you are disappointed to have stopped over performing. You are now getting what you thought you should have been getting previously. The reality is either you were in a false position and you knew it and now you are content to be performing as expected or you truly believed you were destined for the top and are failing and the disappointment is justified. I read you posts earlier in the season and I know which one of the above was real one. Don't despair you are not going down which is every supporters nightmare season. If you don't have the capital as a club then believe me the Championship can be a perilous place and the ruination of it all. We nearly went out of business with that one.

Stokenchurch yid, Ron and Guywanderer like this.
  3. philhythe

I totally agree Greeny you do wonder what all the other teams at the top of league one were doing. When you think back to the away Ipswich game if the penalty had gone that night we would have been 13pts clear at the time & in the middle of February a left back would still be our top goalscorer. The trouble is all football dare to dream. Nobody on here really expected it too continue, then again nobody on here expected it too go so wrong quite so quickly as it has. With the next two games against teams in the bottom three we could still be in the play-off places at the end of February.

4. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

I never expected promotion I would have taken the playoffs all along and like a few years ago reach the final and loose it is far too soon for us to be going anywhere near the Championship

5. philhythe

Barton has been charged by the FA for langauge used in the 94th minute of our game, & they were winning & by all accounts by far the better side on the night. What would he have been like if we had got points out of the game.