1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Goeorge Caulkin on Twitter this morning

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by 56Danny, Jun 14, 2011.

1. 56Danny

56Danny Member

#SAFC will require wage-bill recalibration + potential departure of 8 players if high-profile bids come off. http://ow.ly/1tLvSo (£)

What happens to Gordon & Malbranque, both of whom have 1yr left on deals? Gordon could be fit again by August. Both vulnerable. #SAFC

#NUFC agree Ba personal terms but deal stalls over agents fees, says Times man in London. Plus Erdinc targeted. http://ow.ly/1tLwiF (£)

This is all in piece, but as of last published accounts #SAFC wage bill was 82% of turnover. Too high. Henderson has brought cash in

... But only earned 20k per week. 3 Mufc players + Ngog etc would bump up wages again. Need to get rid of likes of Nos, McCart, Kilgallon...

... Riveros, Angeleri + potentially likes of Gordon, Malb, to clear decks & leave space for better players. Necessary housekeeping.

2. mitchthemakem

mitchthemakem Well-Known Member

According to the echo the wage bill was 32% so one of them has got it wrong

3. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

think it's the echo, put over wages bill on another post this morning, sure it was 50m+

4. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

Just seen this and wondered what you'd all think?

You seem like you're in a similar situation to us a couple of years ago (though it must be said, with a more sympathetic chairman).

As for the 32% I reckon that's way off...Neither of us are specifically mentioned and they don't give %s, butt this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/business-13711054 gives a bit of insight into the finances of Prem clubs!

5. whitburnlad

whitburnlad Member

6. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

Never mind wage bill, whats the Ba deal agreed bit, thought he was going to Newcastle?

7. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

that's what it says, but stalled

8. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

sorry, put glasses on and its clear now

9. vauxsamson

vauxsamson Active Member

Sounds good, get rid of the players who (even after last years massive sicklist) will get no where near the first team, and replace the 8(?) quoted with 2 or 3 quality players. As long as we have sufficient strength in depth that would be my only concern.

10. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

No club runs on a wage bill of 32%, most EPL clubs run at 60 - 65% of their income. Leeds went into administration cos their bill was running at 70% so if we're at 82% we're in deep ****.

11. sussexmackem

sussexmackem Member

An article in Independent last week and table of Premier clubs wages as percentage of turnover;we were 15th or 16th at 82%-bottom of the table was Man City at 107%.

12. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

That's about right, i read 110%,, whatever, it's ridiculous..

13. Cest Advocaat

Cest Advocaat Well-Known Member

Football is slowly but surely coming to its senses regarding business planning and not before time.
    Wages have to be taken into consideration when talking about whole the transfer. One of the reasons I believe we shpuld not have sold Henderson is that he was not on massive wages and even though we got 20m, that will soon be eaten up and if its for the standard of N'Gog then I dont see how we are progressing. Jordan wouldnt have pressed for the deal and I feel would hav ehappily stayed another year. His leaving unlike Judas, was the clubs doing but for short term gain IMO. Next season, with maybe 8 or 9 goals to his name, he's have been worth another 5 or 6m minimum.

If Demba Ba is demanding 65k per week and a huge cash payment to his agent, I'd tell him to **** off if I were the mags.