1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Global awareness growing ...

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by barley_hoop, Oct 31, 2012.

1. barley_hoop

barley_hoop Well-Known Member

As well as my one true love (the R's), I read a lot and one of my favourite authors recently has been Jo Nesbo who, for those who haven't read his stuff, is a Norwegian author most famous for his crime novels with Inspector Harry Hole (pronounced Hurler I think). Surprise, surprise I am reading his book Headhunters and this appears :

Image2.jpg

As someone once said (probably not J Saville), there's no such thing as bad press

The R's are going global :grin:

2. Liverpool_RRRs

I'm reading the Harry Hole series at the moment but haven't come across that bit yet! Currently on The Redeemer. Excellent series of books though (once you've got used to the Norwegian names), I'd recommend them to anyone!

3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Nice one Barley - I read that book in Norwegian some time ago, I think it's one of the few that don't feature Harry Hole. I am reading another now one of Nesbo's now, where Harry Hole talks about how he promised to take his "stepson" to Spurs but never did. He got that one right!

4. QPR Oslo

Nesbo is a talented bloke. He was a good football player untiol he broke his ankle, and was also in a Rock band Di Derre that had a big song here. He also sits and writes on his laptop in a coffe bar I use a bit. I should try having a word with him about writing a bit more, and a bit more positive about us, but I think he's Spurs!

5. barley_hoop

barley_hoop Well-Known Member

Yes, he's a great writer - I've read all the HH books except the new one "The Bat", will buy when the price drops a bit :). I didn't know he was a footballer too. Did you notice that he said we had "diagonal" stripes? I wondered whether that was a translation error. Those norwegian names are a killer though!

6. QPR Oslo

I don't remember a diagonal error in the original, but it was a while ago since I read it! Probably is a translation error - I'll see if I can find the book at home.

7. WindsorHoop

WindsorHoop Active Member

Without being a spoiler QPR actually feature a bit in headhunters few references throughout. Nesbo is one of my current favourites too !!

8. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

No bad press? Hmmm!