1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gills not606 Awards

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by The Gills PegLeg, May 3, 2019.

1. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Well it's that time of year again to vote for your Gillingham not606 awards. Can be any award you like practical or impractical (hopefully more of the latter), all you have to do is reply with what award is and who You're awarding it to.

I shall start off proceedings by awarding the following:

Air of Optimism Award: @grumpygit for his continued efforts to argue with @alwaysright <laugh>

The Hereford Medal: a returning winner of this award is @brb who had another "Hereford" moment this season when he had tickets for the Cardiff game but then didn't attend. <laugh>

Well get voting people and congratulations to the above winners <cheers>

grumpygit, alwaysright and brb like this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Can I award myself ( jointly with a few other idiots ), a financial nonsense medal for buying a 2 year season ticket - and will be paying MORE next season - when nearly everyone else is getting at least a 10% discount

3. alwaysright

I award Steve Evans an All-you-can-eat medal. - I think he's been coming to so many Gills games because Scally offered him cheap pies to get rid of the CentrePlate stock

4. alwaysright

All Gills fans are to be awarded a Pigs-might-fly medal ---- but only the fans who think that Mr. Scally has invested / or will invest any of his own money (( not including the first £1 ))

5. alwaysright

Grumpygit and me can share The Hypomanic Ribbon ( if Gills home form continues to be bad- we can use the Ribbon to make a noose! )

6. alwaysright

The Stewards searching away fans for flares receive a special ' Rocket' award for not finding the flares that Charlton fans bring to Gillingham.
    I'd like to offer my services at the prize giving ceremony -- now where should I ''pin" that Rocket ?

The Gills PegLeg likes this.
  7. alwaysright

The linesmen on the GRS side of the pitch - - We should make a statue in their honour--- and if we place it on the touchline instead of them, we probably won't notice any difference

Last edited: May 3, 2019
  8. alwaysright

The Time Wasters Cup
    You might be forgiven for thinking it would go to the opposition ( usually the goalkeeper ) -- BUT -- there can only be one winner -- the little lad in the Medway Stand , at the Plymouth game.
    He actually wins it twice - because of his " encore"

9. alwaysright

Most Relieved Badge -- NO - not Gills fans because we avoided relegation - but to itstimupnorth because Rochdale escaped relegation - meaning he can see the Gills at least once next season

itstimupnorth likes this.
  10. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

most loyal non Gills poster award.........Resurgam Keeps looking in and playing the prediction league, even though he supports a successful team.

Glutton for punishment or sympathy for the little guy. :wink:

Last edited: May 4, 2019
    Resurgam and alwaysright like this.

11. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

You can now add the promotion of Bury, but although it's closer than Bradford it won't compensate for the loss of my favourite away game of the season

brb likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

I thought it was a shame Bradford went down and some what of a surprise to see them there too. I don't know what has happened at that club but i've always seen them as a good League One side, who could flutter with the lower half of the Championship.

As for Rochdale pleased for you, I was keeping an eye on their results.

I hope the table stays much as it is, but I guess Sunderland are going to have a big say in that tomorrow at Southend...

18 Wycombe45-1350
    19 Wimbledon45-2149
    20 Southend45-1447

21 Plymouth45-2547
    22 Walsall45-2246
    23 Scunthorpe45-2946
    24 Bradford45-2840
    Btw for anyone interested, I decided not to get an ST in the end, other things in life had to take priority. So Scally @The Gills PegLeg get those match day prices down! <laugh>

13. brb

brb CR250

Anyway back on topic award time....

The Sports Direct Award - @alwaysright the new shirt makes him look like a Newcastle supporter <whistle>

The Empty Seat next to him Award - @The Gills PegLeg the bronze medal of the Hereford / Cardiff award :)

The I Love Steve Evans Award - @itstimupnorth <laugh> sorry mate had to be done

The Parker Award - @Resurgam

The Scally Mediator Medal - @grumpygit

14. alwaysright

brb -I've got a photo of me in my Newcastle shirt - next to the entrance under the Rainham End - I'm standing directly next to the large board advertising The Samaritans !

grumpygit and brb like this.
  15. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

Does this one 'off season' for my team now make me a glory hunting plastic bastid? ;)

grumpygit likes this.
  16. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

Not if you're thinking of switching your allegiance to us

grumpygit and Resurgam like this.
  17. alwaysright

brb - it was sad to see that you decided not to commit to a ST for next year. Despite any other factors that may have been involved, I am sue that it was a difficult decision fo you - but - 'head' needs to rule over 'heart' -- and you won't be on your own. Our attendances have reduced by over 300 from last season -- to 5035. This is a steady decline from almost 9000 in the Championship days - and reflects the reducing entertainment available --- especially at 'home' in the last three seasons. ....... etc, etc, etc.

brb likes this.
  18. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I nominate myself for the beating brb in the prediction league award :emoticon-0136-giggl

The Gills PegLeg, alwaysright and brb like this.
  19. The Gills PegLeg

I award the Can Somebody change the Barrel award to The Factory bar at Priestfield. This prestigious award coming on more than one occasion having to wait patiently for someone whose "trained" to go and change the barrel for the ales. This process normally takes about 10 mins, not the changing of the barrel but them finding somebody competent to do it!

alwaysright and brb like this.
  20. The Gills PegLeg

The Tide has turned award will go to @brb who seems more and more excited every week about his old mate Steve Evans' new look Gillingham side. Wouldn't have seemed possibly 6 weeks ago <laugh>

brb, grumpygit and Resurgam like this.