1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

gills found guilty by court tribunal of racial victimisation and unfair dismissal

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gills4everandaday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

This is the KOS Media group that the statement refers to: http://www.kentnews.co.uk/home Kent on Sunday is a free newspaper or was and also provided the Saturday Observer for Kent.

2. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

aw man, Batchinator beat me to it :(

3. brb

brb Guest

Thanks guys.

4. throwoff

throwoff Member

Well said Mr Scally.

Phoning the clubs sponsers is no way to go about researching a story.

The sponsers have no involvement in this, risking the clubs finances by sucking them into the debate is terrible.

5. brb

brb Guest

Anyone got a copy of yesterdays Medway Messenger?

You cannot access the detail required currently online, interesting reading if what I have been told is true.

6. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

If you go onto Gills365 and the McCammongate thread Katie has put on most of the content from the Medway Messenger article. Baically what Gills were guilt of was NOT investigating McCammons claim that he had been racially abused, not that he was racially abused and lots of the other claims he made were not upheld. Bet all that doesn't get as widely reported as was originally first thought.

7. brb

brb Guest

Thanks vinney <ok>

I will probably buy a copy on the way to the game today then. I tried to look online but you have to sign up for a seven day free trial and I can't be asked with it.

8. brb

brb Guest

Today, I bought the Medway Messenger (dated Friday, August 3, 2012) on the way to the game. I do not generally buy newspapers but at cost of 90p, I heard it was a more balanced view of the Mark McCammon story. Now I am not going to start stealing content depriving potential sales of their paper to publish here (otherwise kentonline would have made it readily available via the net), however, on the front cover and inside on pages 4 & 5 it gives much more detail than I have read on any online report. Basically inside is more detail/explanation of the tribunal ruling. Also comments from Iffy Onuora and Efe Sodje.

The detail on the tribunal ruling gives much clearer detail to your average supporter. I feel it is a shame that this has not been made available on the internet or that club have not published on the official site a clearer definition of that ruling (unless I have just missed it).