1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

gills found guilty by court tribunal of racial victimisation and unfair dismissal

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gills4everandaday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. brb

brb Guest

2. Gills-Prog-seller

This all makes me so angry. We are not a racist club. We may have treated him differently but that is due to his sh!t attitude and the effort he put in. He was a striker who couldnt score a goal, a person who said he would score 20 goals in his first season and scored like 3. I have never seen a worst footballer IMO. Colour has nothing to do with it. Weston was released and he tried to come back to us.... makes sense as were a racist club.

3. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

don't see any of this being made easy where we are concered. FA chairman david bernstein has vowed to step up the fight against racism in football...expect the worst people :emoticon-0141-whew:

4. Gills-Prog-seller

Its going to be unreal if we get a fine from the FA or point deductions. It wasnt a race thing. Yes it was unfair dismisal but not due to race.

5. AshfordGill

AshfordGill Active Member

I have a bad feeling about this, first case of its kind I see the FA making a point with this and setting a precedent that shows how seriously they are taking this, I am worried that we will get a large enough points deduction to render our season over before it even starts in terms of promotion.

6. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I have conceded that Mr McCammon was treated differently to other players ( differently has been judged to be 'unfairly' ) - and despite brb saying we don't know ' who did what ' between Scally & Hess, the link ( from a 3rd person viewpoint ) - has come up with my, aforementioned claim that as different, stupid, or unfair the treatment that Mr.McCammon received - the actions were not racially motivated.
    I understand that Scally has appealed the decision - but I am unaware if the appeal is against all elements of the findings. As I see it there appears to be evidence to dismiss any appeal against the 'unfair dismissal' aspect of the decision - but the Club should be able to show that their actions ( misguided as they may have been, ) had nothing to do with the colour of the players skin - if we can get that stigma removed it might not be so bad for us when the FA make their move.

7. Gills-Prog-seller

I care more about our clubs reputation than what the FA are going to do.

8. brb

brb Guest

alwaysright - I understand what you are saying but did you miss a vital word out of your comment? (see below)

As I see it there appears to be 'NO' evidence to dismiss any appeal against the 'unfair dismissal' aspect of the decision

9. alwaysright

would I be always right in confirming that all supporters of GFC are concerned about our 'reputation' in this matter - but any ' reputation' would be in the toilet for an awful long time if we cannot have any racist tag removed. The other bits ( unfair dismissal ) are not pleasant - but I think we could live with that - on the grounds that it was a personality clash bla bla bla.

10. alwaysright

brb the answer to your question is NO - because I was saying that I don't think any appeal against 'unfair dismissal' has any chance.... we have no evidence to have the appeal accepted ... on those grounds ....BUT Scally and or Hess are not racists - just because of one person's say so - like I have later said - it was a personality clash - gone wrong.

11. brb

brb Guest

alwaysright - ok

It appears my interpretation is the same just confused on the use or not of the one word

12. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

The Big Mac Tribunial findings will have rung a long overdue warning bell for soccer clubs.
    Being medium sized employers,each club might now be well advised to recruit a manager with
    a business studies and HR qualification.Someone who has a good understanding of complex employment laws.
    They in turn must be given sufficient authority by their respective boards to see that these laws are duly complied with.
    In the interest of their clubs,such managers should also be competent to generate positive PR
    and possess the necessary skills to arrange and oversee a credible and professional press conferences.
    Coaches, with their coats of many badges, will be relegated 'downstairs' to work with the perspiration,dubbing,
    blackboard and chalks.
    The days of a 'Big Ron' (or 'Little Ron' for that matter) type personality attemting to manage and influence everything themselves,
    often flying on a wing and a prayer,are now definately over. RIP.

13. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

People are rightly fearing action by the FA. We do not know what to expect but it is obviously in a different league to, say, the Suarez affair and penalties might be much more severe. So, who thinks the Fa would be most aggressive towards? .....The organisation that argues the toss against overwhelming evidence of guilt. OR The organisation that apologises, initiates a number of racial equality initiatives within the local community and the club to promote minority interests and makes Board changes to ensure minority representation and suspends the main culprit(s).
    Those people who think the club are being hard done by need to reflect. Think about a health and safety situation. An employer may not mean to injure an employee through non compliance but if the accident happens it can expect the full force of the law. It is just the same with employment legislation and the club is probably innocent of racist intent but cannot claim innocence because of the scale procedural lapses which have taken place and are inexcusable as well as ignoring a grievance claim as well as colluding on evidence (twice) .
    The important thing now is damage limitation and to ensure that the right people (ie the Board) make decisions on the way forward rather than letting personal pride playing a part.

14. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

I agree with you entirely Bristol! But where/who will be the voice of reason at Priestfield ?
    I am pessimistic to be honest. I believe some mental somersaults will have to take place very quickly indeed!

15. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Old Timer. The Board has a duty to tell Scally that they are taking control and making the decisions. This is not just for the good of the club but it is in Scally's own (financial) interest. Otherwise he looks like he might not just shoot his own foot, he will shoot everyone else in the foot as well. And seeing as i have paid for my season ticket I (like many others) have a financial interest to protect. Unfortunately that needs common sense and a bit of guts from the other directors.

16. Kentish Man

Kentish Man Member

The court findings of "racially motivated" dismissal are offensive in themselves. The Chairman and past manager have obviously not taken this matter as seriously as they should but being unprepared is no justification for branding them racists!

I am confident that the club will successfully over-turn this false stigma on appeal however will rightly be found guilty of victimisation and unfair dismissal by use of non-legal methods of trying to "frustrate the player our". As for the "player", MM had no moral right to bring these trumped up allegations against his former employers. If he had instead taken a reflective spell in front of a mirror, perhaps he would sympathise with the club`s wanting of him out. Sadly, as was evident in brb's salutsunderland link, individuals not familiar with the previous two and a half years are quick to join up the dots and cry "witch"!

17. throwoff

throwoff Member

There has been no news from the FA, I am not sure they will do anything.

18. TheBatchinator

19. brb

brb Guest

20. TheBatchinator