1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Getting 'streetwise' or stay honest?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Rightsideoverhere, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Rightsideoverhere

Rightsideoverhere Well-Known Member

Finall calmed down after Sunday's game and been thinking now as the title suggests, Do the players have to get streetwise and be like other clubs I.e. Waving imaginary cards to the referee, whinging in the referees face about every little thing, rolling about after every tackle or stay as we are, playing honestly and how the game should be played - firm and fair?

Me personally thinks we should stay as we are but does this present game allows honest teams to be winners or do we need the 'continental element' to be like others?

Interested in people's thoughts on this

2. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Just keep on doing what we've been doing all season. The cream will stay at the top :)

3. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

We need to take this nice break, relax & give everyone of our opponents, between now & the end of the season, ****ing hell .

4. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Stay as we are. It was immediately noticeable in the second half the Arsenal players were surrounding the ref every time there was a foul, demanding as serious punishment the ref saw fit. Sanchez waving his imaginary card was utterly deplorable, I'd sooner we be honest, hard working players doing what we do, the title challengers are obviously rattled. I'd lose respect for any of our players if they stooped to such underhand tactics, Mahrez seems to go down quite easily which I don't like, taints all the good work he does.

Jack Lesterfan and jambawamba like this.
  5. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I feel both Mahrez and Okazaki make a meal some of the time, but all in all we are an honest bunch and should carry on as we are.
    Let's hope the sides still in Europe go far in their respective competitions as we want them to play as many games as possible

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Stay as we are. It does seem to me that the worst offenders are from the so called bigger clubs where perhaps there is more expectation therefore they need to get any advantage they can.

7. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Its only really Arsenal that bitch and moan about everything because they are all so fragile.

8. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

There's only one answer. The more players cheat the more they bring the sport into disrepute and the more we despise them. If you can only win by cheating then it's not a game anyone should want to watch. Take a leaf out of golfers' and snooker players' books where honesty and integrity are paramount - pretty much as it should be in all things. Sermon over!

And agreed, Miami, Mahrez does seem to go down a bit too easy at times, but hopefully that is because there is some contact, albeit slight, rather than a blatant dive. Must admit the Vardy penalty did have me wondering. How natural is it to move the ball to the right and then move your body to the left and away from the path of the ball in order to make contact with the defender?

9. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I think with Vardy, most of the time he is going so fast that when there's contact, it's going to take him down. We say it no end of times in our promotion season. Genuine fouls.
    On Sunday, he did move his leg in the way but was fouled due to that. So it's not a dive but causing the foul on himself. It's cheeky but if the defender is going in like that anyway, it's his own fault. With Mahrez, I'm undecided as his knee was caught but maybe went down a bit easy but not a clear, no contact at all, dive.
    I still think that makes us a much more honest side that players who literally dive over thin air or try to influence referees into sending opposition off

10. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Vardys was a definite penalty, he drew Monreal in to the tackle but was past him and was brought down. Mahrez was caught slightly, but not enough to go down like he did, didn't he have a sight of goal if he'd stayed on his feet?

11. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

If you watch which way Vardy plays the ball and then which way he runs, they are not the same. He definitely plays for the penalty, but the likes of Tim Sherwood and Henry seem happy with that so it must be acceptable in the game.

I still think we are one of the more honest teams, particularly in the way we don't feign injury, and I've never seen any of our players waving the invisible card.

12. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I remember playing kick-off 2 with my mates, if anyone was foolish enough to proffer legs in the area it seemed only right to divert the players direction to fall over them for the penalty.

13. MoultonFox

MoultonFox Active Member

I think a few seasons ago there was talk about waving imaginary cards was a yellow card offence. I think it should be.

14. Boris86

Boris86 Active Member

One thing that is certain about Sunday is Kante's performance was one of the great individual premier league performancs

FosseFilberto likes this.
  15. Wellernever

Wellernever Well-Known Member

Quick and easy way to get rid of cheating players would be to retrospectively ban them. There's that many cameras on the game now that it is easy to identify the culprits.

16. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Monreal invited it by sticking his leg out, if he wanted to avoid that, he should have showed him down the line without making a rash attempt to poke the ball.

leicesterlove likes this.
  17. Fantastisch Herr Fuchs

Fantastisch Herr Fuchs Well-Known Member

Monreal also trod on Vardy's standing foot, albeit lightly, but he didn't get any contact with the ball and made contact with the man with both his feet. Vardy has proven so far this season that he knows how to win a penalty, that's for sure!

18. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Fernando Foresteri got sent off for 2 bookings yesterday for Sheffield Wednesday against Preston. The first booking was for diving and the 2nd was for trying to punch the ball into the net

I would be ashamed of any of our players if they was doing that

Cant stand cheats