1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gentlemen of the travelling fraternity

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by SaintsForTheWin, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

It wasn't about bad driving <laugh>

Its certainly not something I want to discuss tbh. He's a decent guy that has been painted like a evil gang lord ever since he killed an intruder, the copper I mentioned earlier.

He was released as he made parole. Did more years than he expected to do tbh.

2. Stan

Stan Stalker

OK now I feel sorry for him. Just read up and he fleeced some legal aid as well. Top man.

Blueman and Archers Road like this.
  3. Skylarker

Oh well, I'm sure he'll sleep.

4. Stan

Stan Stalker

I’m sure he will!

Skylarker likes this.
  5. Yeah I tend to agree with that. Who would you hold more in contempt - a bloke who kills a copper in a botched robbery or someone who kills a pensioner in their bed? I know who I'd take a chance on in terms of rehabilitation...

Saf likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

Don't agree completely but i take your point, but re-read what Saf said, quote;

'As for it being a golden rule not to hurt the law... The prisoners who do are generally celebrated entering the big house.'

This just goes to show how low-life the scum have got, there are no rules anymore. Basically that comment, says it's ok to kill a copper, because if you do you will be celebrated inside.

So who's left to protect us Dan if the old bill decide not to turn up....after all why should they protect that pensioner in their bed and pay with their own life, when they have a young family waiting for them to come home at the end of their shift.

They are paid to protect us, not paid to give their life for some fooking low-life scum bag inside to celebrate when they get shanked.

At least with the death penalty (which i don't agree with) it set clear rules, you kill a copper, you die too. The fookers wouldn't be celebrating inside then.

Archers Road likes this.
  7. Libby

Libby 9-0

It doesn't say anything of the sort ffs <laugh>

It was just pointing out that all this criminal code bollocks you read about from the 70s or whatever is exactly that, bollocks in 2019.

Saf likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

of course it says its ok to kill a copper if they are celebrated inside! It might be bolloxs to you, but some copper paid with his life this last week, basically there is no respect for the old bill anymore, because the penalties are not harsh enough when coppers get taken out. Because if the penalties were harsher they wouldn't be celebrating inside would they?

Remember mate, you will be that pensioner one day, and could be relying on those coppers to protect your life.

Archers Road likes this.
  9. Libby

Libby 9-0

It doesn't say it's okay it just counters this argument that police are considered no go targets amongst criminals in society.

That may have been true 40 years ago but I doubt it is now, like you say down to a lack of respect a lot of it.

Saf likes this.
  10. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Kenneth Noye a good guy? Really? Maybe he had a good side - most people do - and that’s the side of him you saw.

I think he deserved to rot in gaol for ever, for the murder of Stephen Cameron. Tried to intimidate witnesses and noble the jury too, didn’t he?

Blueman, Stan and brb like this.

11. brb

brb CR250

and why does it say that, because the penalties have gone soft. I bet the criminals were not celebrating inside 55+ years ago when someone killed a copper, guess why....because there was a hangman's noose waiting for them.

12. Libby

Libby 9-0

Quite possibly mate although the death penalty is a different argument. Like I say, I was just pointing out that I don't think policemen are seen in the same light as they were in all your old farts day ;) for whatever reason that is. That doesn't equate to Saffy saying it's okay to kill old bill.

Saf likes this.
  13. brb

brb CR250

I didn't say 'saf' himself said it was ok to kill the old bill. I said the comment he made and I quoted, says it's ok to kill the old bill in regards to the fact he highlighted it is celebrated inside.

14. Stan

Stan Stalker

Yeah, I don't buy into the "he made a few mistakes, who hasn't, but he was always the first to buy everyone a drink" excuse. The Krays loved their mum and one of them ****ed Babs Windsor, the other one may well have ****ed Kenneth Williams, but they still liked killing people who annoyed them.

haslam, Blueman and Archers Road like this.
  15. Libby

Libby 9-0

I bet there's lots of things that are celebrated inside prison walls that are wrong I imagine mate, it's a place full of criminals.

Saf likes this.
  16. Skylarker

I'm not denying he's an old school gangster. Theres multiple books and films with him in. He's done some naughty **** but that's just how he was, he's an extremely notorious well respected gangster.

I'm just saying from all my personal dealings with him, and his family he's a nice guy. We used to all love going round his house as impressionable youngsters. He's actually helped my family out massively, I mean massively. It's not something that I want to go into but trust me I've seen a very nice side of him...

I certainly wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him, I'm not denying that at all.

17. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Forget codes of honour from the 70s. Thing is, if every desperado and psychopath knows that by killing a copper, they are bringing down a world of **** upon their own head, they will be less inclined to do it.

Why do you think cops in the USA, where every **** is armed, aren’t getting shot every week? It’s still a big deal when a cop gets killed. So it ****ing should be, because the day it isn’t is the day total anarchy has arrived.

18. brb

brb CR250

but the topic had moved towards the killing of coppers. It appears you believe the rules of the 70's don't apply in 2019...not sure why! Has it become that much of the norm?

19. Stan

Stan Stalker

Jimmy Saville raised a lot of money for charity. Doesn't make him less of a vile nonce.

haslam and Blueman like this.
  20. Libby

Libby 9-0

I'm not debating the rights and wrongs of it mate I'm just saying that it's a very different era in that regard.

I think life should mean life regardless of who the victim is tbh though I do sort of get the argument.

Blueman likes this.