1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General election ****posting

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Mind the gap!, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

May will get the bullet soon enough after this, she was only ever holding the baby after Cameron. I'm still glad Corbyn didn't get in, what an embarresment he'd have been sat at the world table.....

Even more glad I left the UK looking at this, it's a fu***g farce, and thats saying something after living in Oz and their politics for nearly 5 years!!

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

well had to rush off to Heathrow yesterday and first chance to catch up on this thread means I have to "not read pages 2 3 4 " as have to go off again shortly ..

this am I have spoken to 7 students ( 3 ex students with loans) who voted 1 voted LIB DEM 6 voted Labour asked why and basically they said 4 of the labour ones sole reasoning was "Corbyn promises to ban the student loans" the 3 ex students said they would have their loans wiped off, 2 of them are female whose only aim in life is to have a family and maybe not work so would never repay the loan anyway!
    My regular morning chats with a number of fellow pensioners, none of them work, I do! resulted in 5 of them voting labour 2 not voting for the first time ever and 1 voting green "why vote labour? I asked. Because they are going to give us more and protect how we get paid !!!!! when I said he has to get in first, one answer was "but he can tell May to not do it! { 3 point protection I assume)

It is a democratic country and the result is what it is .. to me MAKING A PROMISE TO GET RID OF STUDENT LOANS was always a vote catcher amongst students
    and Scaremongering pensioners likewise ... I am currently cashing in on share profit from the result ... and will salt it away under the bed for a while! ..thanks students and ill informed fellow pensioners ...££££££££££:emoticon-0100-smile

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

But JGF, it's not really scaremongering of pensioners is it? It's quite a legitimate concern.

4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Perhaps there are some positives; Jimmy Krankie got her nose put out, Indyref2 looks dead and a Brexitref2 is being mooted again......

However, Boris for Prime Minister? God help us <doh> - it could only happen in this country!

5. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

Don't underestimate Boris he may act the fool but he is one of the smartest and sharpest brains behind the scenes

Supcon72 and Red Robin like this.
  6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

You never believe it my youngest who is third year student in medicine voted frigging labour.
    I buy him a house in Leeds to live in.
    He does this to me vote frigging labour.
    However he did get his results and passed his year three.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  7. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

He's at uni studying Medicine no wonder he voted Labour! He's actually intelligent! :emoticon-0105-wink:

Alandicksthegreat likes this.
  8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Talking about PIP my mate who lost his leg back about 30 years ago failed the PIP test, and took his motobility allowance away. What did they think, his leg grew back? No so after a year or so's appeal they realise their mistake so not only did he get his motobility back but they also gave him living allowance. Something he never asked for.
    It's a shambles.

9. bcfcredandwhite

My kids voted Labour because they believed that their student debt would be wiped out.
    My wife voted labour because teachers always do.
    I voted Lib Dem. I can't stand Corbyn or May so I voted with my conscience.
    Made no difference as it happens where I live.

10. Red Robin

Yes my boy voted purely because he believed Corby was best for students.
    All flannel I told him,there is nothing new there regards the Labour Party.
    My other son 24 years old,the wife and I voted for the Torys.

11. Red Robin

Hah hah Rob,must be honest we won and will carry on,but that was a bit to close for comfort.

12. RedorDead

What's the odds that you've no idea who the DUP are, or what their policies are.

13. johngalleyfan2

The legitimate concern is on 2 occasions I saw him he stated it as pensioners will lose winter allowance and 3 lock pension ring fencing ... only pensioners with large incomes will /would lose out he never stated that ... maybe less than 5% or those with income over £25k 70% of pensioners are on less than £12 ... the 3 part lock would be replaced by an alternative system.
    already stated it was a scarmonger to attract votes it was and left the country in the s***
    Boris is not an idiot, he stepped away from being PM after Cameron, as LM of London did a fantastic job after Red Ken Livinghell ... made more "money / funding and cut the CONGESTION ZONE IN HALF... without to much loss of revenue .. think it was in the metro freebie his successes of the first period.
    he was sucked in as were most students current and past ..... " I will stop student loans, and UNI will be free!" so he stops it...ho ho ho those in will still be in it, those going in will still be in it till it is stopped .. but what about those who have paid some or owe will it be written off? Makes no difference to budgets as it is money to give the loans anyway... how many will then be able to afford a 3 /4 term at uni, not many. I meet students from about 10 uni's most weekends over the year, and when you ask the question as they moan about loans. if you dint have a loan what would you do? half or so say wouldn't bother with UNI just get a job.... hey we ARE PAYING THEM TO GO TO uni...
    as I said this morning and above a promise almost impossible to keep and we think students are clever?

14. tiger-emyrs-wolf

tiger-emyrs-wolf Well-Known Member

He might do and support a lot of them deffo would be better if she just run it as a minority government then see how it went

15. RedorDead

They are still stuck in the 80's same of their ideas. Plus they want a soft Brexit so going against everything RR wanted.

16. johngalleyfan2

RedorDead said: IN RESPONSE TO
    What's the odds that you've no idea who the DUP are, or what their policies are.
    He might do and support a lot of them deffo would be better if she just run it as a minority government then see how it went

The DUP and the conservatives have been pretty much on the same side as the conservatives for years ..however there is a few "anomalies" they do not believe in same sex marriage or abhortion!
    NI has had a lot of money thrown at it in the past couple of years for re generation ...compliments the TORIES!

Red Robin likes this.
  17. RedorDead

Strange what can change in a few years

IMG_0551.JPG

18. Mind the gap!

Mind the gap! Well-Known Member

The only people I know who voted torie did so for the most stupid reasons.

Lots of people fed up with being treated like children by the tories.

A lot of reluctancy but a lot of labour results all around.

19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I could say the opposite argument for the other point of view, a lot of the people that voted labour were bribed, greedy, selfish or thick but what is the point, it's over, the Conservatives won and with help could form a government and Labour lost, had no chance and couldn't, now let us get on with life for all of our sakes..

Red Robin likes this.
  20. bcfcredandwhite

He probably voted labour for the same reason my own kids did - Corbyn promised to wipe out their student debt.