1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General election ****posting

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Mind the gap!, Jun 7, 2017.

1. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

No its not.

Its in every pub, shopping centre, town centre and everywhere else, its been going on for years and its taking the piss.

Is this review independent? Is the saving per year?

If the review generates savings that can be achieved without disruption and the savings are ploughed back to where there is greater need is surely a good thing. Just continuing to plough money in to an inefficient, poorly ran system is a bad thing. Personally I don't know enough about the whole system to judge it, thats why they appoint professionals to do it.

Thats is exactly why many previous Labour voters will not vote for them tonight.

2. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

The review is part of PIP assessments and outsourced (of course) to companies like Capita.

The reviews have caused massive backlogs, are inefficient, have not been conducted by heath professionals and led to suicides.

60-70 of appeals v assessments are a success = More lost money and more personal distress for something that is wholly unnecessary.

There is nil saving, None at all. It takes away money from those in great need and gives it to private companies like Capita.

Getting in health care professional post shambles to run the assessments has increased the cost assessments are simply getting more expensive to the tax payer.

And the people who have suffered the most are the truly disabled.

The Government was warned about whey they were doing by Mencap, Mind, Scope etc but they ploughed on regardless.

Mr Smith at least did the honourable thing - https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ith-resigns-from-cabinet-over-disability-cuts

Its all to do with politics and the hatred the Tories have of welfare state and their own doctrine.

3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Funniest bit on this thread was RR trying to convince people to vote Tories because one
    He's a businessman and wanted to tell us about it???
    And his Scottish mate where he's on holiday says so <laugh>

Also JGF confusing the life out of us in one comment <laugh>

Anyway it's over tomorrow so let's talk about something that don't cause any arguements .

What's everyone's view on religion?

BCFCRob likes this.
  4. banksyisourhero

I laughed at that too..<laugh>

RedorDead likes this.
  5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

IMG_0549.JPG

BCFCRob likes this.
  6. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

The nightmare is unfolding............

7. banksyisourhero

As predicted.. I had an awful feeling about this happening.. its their own fault.

Took the people for granted and will now pay the price. terrible arrogant campaign and I believe we will now pay for this big time..

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Sunderland vote Brexit then vote labour.
    What a load of bell ends up there.

9. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

What a nightmare I'm coming home too today.

Mad country.

10. Cliftonville

A terrible spiteful campaign based on prejudice.

Woke up to Bristol now having four Labour MP's.

Proud to live in a City that feels care and compassion should always be in fashion.

Mind the gap! and BCFCRob like this.

11. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Bunch of numpties. A good kicking for the SNP too despite what Sturgeon says.

I hope the Tories will go in with the DUP and get the majority they need even if it's without May as PM.

Red Robin likes this.
  12. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

I'm in Kingswood so still Tory here but I echo your thoughts.

I'm proud of the younger people coming out to vote, and proving that it genuinely does make a difference, no matter what they tend to believe.

However, there's no way that a hung Parliament is ideal for Brexit negotiations, but that can't be blamed on the electorate. You can't just vote for who you think will win because of that, you have to vote for your preference.

I'm going to try to be as unbiased as possible here so I'm not necessarily saying what I believe, but what this does show is that there's too far a split in public opinion. Kids evidently see no future in a Tory Government (that's certainly how I feel) and the older generation clearly have no confidence in a Labour Government.

Basically, it's a **** show, but the politicians are to blame, not the electorate, or the kids.

13. Cliftonville

People in large swathes of the Country beyond the youthful clearly have confidence in Labour.

What Brexit, Mr Corbyn and this election demonstrate is that tens of millions of people want to see a significant change to the way the UK proceeds. That is a positive.

Even the right wing media will have to wake up to realising their politics of hate and smears has to change and no longer works.

Left and right have to change and will.

No ****show. A positive.

14. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

I have been through the PIP process with my daughter who is under palliative care and without our support it is unlikely that this would have been sorted. I feel sorry for those out there who do not have any support and cannot fight there own corner. The whole process was a shambles start to finish, run by an organization that had no understanding of her condition or complex care needs.

15. Cliftonville

I support people through the process, the actual questions have no understanding of complex needs. I feel that an intent, no caring organisation would ask similar. Information is supplied to individual sin a form they cannot understand and will exclude them. It is no shambles, its a bit grimmer than that and goes to the heart of what some people are.

I hope the outcome regarding your Daughter was satisfactory.

16. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

I always voted Tory but I also believe the party has become arrogant and only serves the interests of the City of London and its own members. Whilst not agreeing with everything Labour they got my vote on the basis of of my social conscience.

BCFCRob likes this.
  17. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Well, what you've said is a positive. But what I've said, going into Brexit with no real Government, is absolutely a ****show, whichever way you look at it.

18. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

They initially wrote to us saying that she did not have enough points and therefore would not be in receipt of PIP. When I looked at the number of points she had been allocated she had been given over double the amount of points required. It then took nearly three months for them to acknowledge their mistake and rectify it. If this was a disabled person with no support I question what the outcome would have been.

19. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Maybe the learning points for TM should be that perhaps she should not underestimate the opposition - when they are out campaigning like f@@k perhaps she should do something similar - oh, and turn up for a debate when every other party is being represented.

Just like she underestimated the immigration task when she was home secretary - and the need for police officers.

Arrogant and complacent - they (the Tories) thought they had it in the bag........

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I totally agree with the arrogance and complacent comments plus the pathetic Tory manifesto edicts, what a chance Labour had to win and they blew it but the truth is the Tories achieved more votes percentage and have 57 more MP's so labour were well beaten for all of their bluster.

I must say I do agree that the Corbyn performances and promises were much more accepted by the voting public than the **** offered by Mrs May.

I just heard she is going to the palace at 12-30 to see the queen and inform her she can form a new government, interesting , I wonder what the DUP are being offered..

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017