1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic General election ****posting

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Mind the gap!, Jun 7, 2017.

1. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

The ground Labour have made is because of Mr Corbyn and his progressive manifesto. An alternative to idealogically driven austerity.

If the parliamentary Labour party had behaved in a true democratic manner and backed the Labour parties democratically elected leader acting as an opposition sooner = Labour victory. They very much like the Liberals regarding Brexit chose a differing path and acted as an ally of the Conservatives.

David Milliband was a broken flush. Pro EU, anti/vague on nationalisation - tax-corporation taxes, feuding v his Brother, undermining any who were not Blairites ...

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I have been listening to all those same arguments since 1980 and it still bares no comparison to the position of people in Greece!

3. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Germany had the same financial crisis as us. They didn't cut anywhere near as much as we did, they kept their investment in infrastructure, and as such their economy grew larger than ours.

4. Cliftonville

You obviously support the targeting of those with disabilities!

I have worked in care since the nineties and you could not have heard the same arguments because the conditions creating them for instance the decision to axe DLA and move to PIP did not exist.

Could you explain how the Greek social care model differs to the UK's? Well of course it bares little comparison. Cultural and working norms are different. Here is an opinion the Greeks take more care of the vulnerable and disadvantaged than we do due to the emphasis on family and societies role, however it is a nonsense to compare the UK to a non G8 Country.

5. BCFCRob

But what's your point banksy? Are you saying that we can't be in austerity unless it's as bad as Greece?

6. banksyisourhero

Rob, I have openly told you before I like you as a poster and by and large agree with a lot of your sentiments, you seem like a person I would happily stand and share a pint with, my opinion of you will not change regardless of who you may vote for!

For your info.

I desperately disagree with a return to fox hunting or any animal cruelty come to that.

I completely disagree with rich tax dodgers and all corporate companies cheating their way out of paying a fair amounts of taxes.

I believe the NHS should be properly funded and staffed, but by the correct people and not tiers of managers and red tape. I don't believe the NHS should be privatised but I am open to certain non medical aspects of it being taken out of the system

I disagree with large pharmaceutical companies holding the NHS to ransom and ripping them off.

I don't believe elderly health care (dementia tax) should bet taken from peoples properties, this is wealth where taxes have already been paid and hard work created this for future generations to benefit from.

I don't believe any children in this country should be in poverty, my argument here is the definition of poverty! like I said fags and tattoos affordable.. school uniforms not??

I don't know the scale of arms sales to Saudi Arabia and why we would do that, I have never researched it and on the face of it would find that alarming, but would be pretty sure it would have been happening under the last Labour government as well.

The Tory campaign has been a complete disaster and I have to question the advisors to the PM or is it just sheer arrogance that may well backfire.

There are plenty of other Tory policies I can't agree with but vote for a man who won't even sing our own National anthem!

He is a snake and so are his cronies.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  7. BCFCRob

Seems like we're pretty aligned banksy but for the final parts! But appreciate the sentiment from the beginning of your post anyways :emoticon-0148-yes:

banksyisourhero likes this.
  8. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

If this happens, Corbyn and Sturgeon will form the partnership from hell and form a coalition government to destroy Britain

9. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

And there was silly old me thinking that supporting BCFC was a thrill a minute on this site with venom spitting in all directions sometimes and then along came an election to spice thing up even more. Politics, religion and Bristol City will rattle the antlers but then again I was there in the days of Screaming Lord Sutch. Enjoy the rest of the day, as much as you can, because the rhetoric will start all over again tomorrow when the blame game starts.

10. BCFCRob

Okay let's look at it from a different perspective. What result are you guys actually expecting? Because regardless of my views, I can't see anything other than an easy Tory majority.

Red Robin likes this.

11. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

No chance Tory landslide across the
    No chance a Tory landslide across the country.
    Any sain Britain will vote Tory.
    I'm in Gran Canaria and was chatting to a Scottish couple they said only one party can take the uk forward and that the Tory party was the only credible party.

12. bcfcredandwhite

I don't trust any of the politicians. On one hand I admire Corbyn's ability to not get rattled and he seems straight talking and genuine, but I'm sorry - how can anyone vote for someone who supported (even if he doesn't now) the IRA and wont sing the National Anthem? The IRA killed people - innocent people. We may as well open dialogue with paedophiles and see if we can come to some arrangement to appease them in my book.

May is a pathetic creature - she does so many u-turns I don't actually know what her policies are (they won't be the same tomorrow anyway) - and her financial figures are as bad as Corbyns. Her support of fox hunting is despicable - that belongs in the past with the ducking stool and other parts of our 'heritage'. And what the F@@K is Boris still doing anywhere near the house of commons let alone our foreign secretary - responsible for international relations - I consider him at best a buffoon and at worst an utter utter prick and a liability.

Fallon is ok - but again, as always, the Lib Dems are a 'nice idea but will never get in' so nobody votes for them, even if they would quite like to - and some won't forgive them after their coalition with the Tories last time - where Cameron cleverly appointed the Lib Dem cabinet members to head up and implement the most unpopular of their policies - very cunning!

The others aren't really worth mentioning.

So for me it all comes down to Brexit - that is bigger than the NHS, schools and austerity - Brexit is the biggest economical event since, well since I can remember - and it needs to be done properly. Which of those numptys is best equipped to go into battle with Merkel, Junker, Farron and their cronies?

God help us - probably the worst choice of politicians I can ever remember since being old enough to vote - but I do NOT want Sturgeon anywhere near my countries government.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  13. bcfcredandwhite

The only current statesman amongst the Labour politicians for me is Hilary Benn.

smhbcfc and banksyisourhero like this.
  14. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Anybody voting labour read the below
    How the hell could he run our country.

Corbyn would be rejected if he applied to join any of Britain's security services, says the former head of MI6.

"Far from being able to get into MI5, in the past MI5 would actively have investigated him."

He's a threat to national security!

15. banksyisourhero

Incorrect Rob, we have by far the large the fastest growing economy in Europe!

16. banksyisourhero

I neither lie or support targeting of people with disabilities..

I could also furnish you with a long list of 'disabled' people whom I directly know of who have been taking the piss for the best part of 40 years. this is a fact.

I would target them willingly, and you may be glad to hear would happily direct the funds to disabled people with real needs.

17. bcfcredandwhite

I can see a small Tory majority but with Corbyn joining with Sturgeon - nightmare!!!!!

18. banksyisourhero

So can I.. And I agree what nightmare, Our govt being controlled by someone who doesn't even want to be part of the union!

19. BCFCRob

20. Cliftonville

Its a % of %.

And dwarfed by tax evasion.

The attack on the disabled will save not one penny. The DLA reviews will cost 1.6 billion pounds and save nine hundred million. No fibs, no made up they will lose money!

The Work and pensions secretary Mr Ian Duncan Smith resigned because of the attack on the disabled political motivation.

I use the word attack because that is what is. The justification and linked to fraud is pathetic, a cursory look at an individuals details and what DLA linked component they receive would render review obsolete, but that is not what this about - Mr Ian Duncan Smith confirmed it.

Meanwhile HMRC resources have been cut meaning the pursuit of tax evasion has been made harder. The cost in lost income is billions.

Peoples priorities and basic humanity has been twisted.