1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

General chat.& Random stuff

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swantastic, Nov 24, 2019.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Well update that Pentium 75 your still using, you tight fisted git!.............<laugh>

daimungeezer and LIBERTARIAN like this.
  2. DragonPhilljack

I am surprised the Tory percentage is so high!.............<laugh>

daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Nah, I blame Brexit, and if that doesn't fly, how about The Romana and The Vikings. <laugh>

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  4. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2022-9-30_10-0-54.png

Played for Glamorgan for 10 years

5. LIBERTARIAN

Great player, great professional.

Glamorgan will miss him for sure. Hopefully they have a replacement lined up for next season.

Happy retirement Michael.

6. Taffvalerowdy

Been an excellent servant to/for the County <applause>

DragonPhilljack and LIBERTARIAN like this.
  7. LIBERTARIAN

Exemplary. <applause>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  8. Taffvalerowdy

9. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Christopher Hitchens was a special person, the way he could place his argument across was amazing, and did it with such wit.

I'm a big fan of Jordan Peterson as well - he's the most eloquent person I've ever listened to. His interview with Cathy Newman is legendary. She constantly tried to put words in his mouth but he was having none of it, and dealt with everything in a calm logical manner.

10. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Yes he's a brilliant speaker, gives a lot of thoughtbefore he answers and ties clever Dick interviewers in knots by being 2 steps ahead laying traps that they walk smuggly into ! <cheers>

11. swantastic

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
  12. LIBERTARIAN

Agree wholeheartedly re Christopher Hitchens. Genius, genius , genius.
    He was so widely read that no worthwhile subject was safe from his scrutiny.
    Debating with him must have been like wrestling a giant squid. It was only ever going to end one way.
    He had the incredible ability to outthink, outwit, outflank, and eviscerate his opponents with such consummate ease, and always with that wicked smile.
    His wit and charm were such that Catholic Nun's gave him a wide berth, lest they lost their way, and ended up in Purgatory.

He was a remarkable man, unique even. I miss him not being around to pop up and deflate the pompous fools , especially those of the religious vogue, who occupy, and pollute, too much space on this planet of ours.

Thank goodness for you tube.

Jordan Peterson is new to me. Thanks for bringing him to my attention.

The interview with the young lady was very interesting, not to say thought provoking.
    She had a very daunting task, hence her constant interruptions, but I forgave her for those.

Imagine, if you will/can, that the roles in life were reversed, with women dominating the workplace, and men playing catch up, whilst lagging so far behind with regards their status, life opportunities, finance, etc. Mainstream sports being off limits to men. OUCH !

What would the average male think about that ?
    As frustrated, and angry, as the female interviewer, I suspect. No, more so.
    I sensed her frustration, but she stuck to her agenda, despite being up against a formidable opponent.

I suspect most macho men wouldn't be able to have controlled themselves were they to be ever in her position.

13. swantastic

Why are the feminists that get on tv always incoherent angry shouty fragile ladies, when someone doesn't bow down and submit ? Surely they have intelligent articulate representatives to put forward?
    They are very quiet on real feminist and important issues like the vid posted above ! Which If they attacked it as vociferously as they do tolerant western men they'd get more respect .

Women have equal rights on almost everything, as so they should. But there are clear differences to men physically and possibly mentally which they are unlikely to bridge in any large meaningful way ? I'd concentrate more on men putting on a dress and breaking all the womens records in sport if I were them !

14. LIBERTARIAN

Perhaps they feel the need to shout because, historically, they haven't been allowed too much scope for airing their views.

They have always had opinions, but the males of the species pulled rank and easily bullied them. Now women have rights and protection, but too many males feel threatened and intimidated by them. Sad losers.

I have known many intellectual women and they are more than a match for males, and they don't all shout and scream. In fact, none of them did. Except when they climaxing, that is. <laugh>

I have also met countless Neanderthal type males who really shouldn't be allowed out in public. Many of them football followers.

Men and women are different, but that's stating the obvious, but when the men were off fighting in the second world war, women slotted seamlessly into many of the manly roles. Returning males were seriously threatened by this, and women were hastily returned to their kitchens.

Only a fool underestimates the intellect and ability of most women.
    They need to be heard, and listened to. Benefits ensue.

15. swantastic

Female primeinisters would have been unheard of not that long ago , so things have progressed because of intelligent fair minded men and women understanding that marginalizing women's rolls became defunct !
    Also there are women in most top important jobs making decisions that affect everyone which is good progress as long as the person is chosen on skill and qualification suited to the job, not by gender or other criteria ?
    " when the men were off fighting in the second world war, women slotted seamlessly into many of the manly roles " why didn't they join the Bevan boys down the mines ? Maybe due to physicality as mentioned ?
    I'm sure there are women that intimidate and pull rank over males these days too ?
    The Neanderthals are the ones marginalized these days so are not taken seriously by the masses if they spout old fashioned views on women in the kitchen etc as you put it.
    If they feel threatened by women then perhaps they should read up on womens rights history to empathize and evolve .
    I have also met and know of highly intelligent women but the feminists dont use them often enough to debate thier issues on tv, which is a pity as the regular raging women they push forward are a real turn off !

:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0131-angel

:emoticon-0135-makeu

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    daimungeezer likes this.
  16. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

"Women: Know Your Limits!" - one of my favourite sketches, brilliant <laugh>

DragonPhilljack and swantastic like this.
  17. LIBERTARIAN

" intelligent fair minded men ". !!! In politics ? An oxymoron, if ever there was one.

The very last thing men want is for women to reach the top spot, for that would mean they are out of the running.

No male Tory really wanted Thatcher in charge.

Some traditional male roles, viz, miners, steelworkers, and the like, were clearly not a suitable environment for women, but factory work producing munitions was. It was extremely dangerous work, and many died at their posts, and later, from inhalations. Women performed essential work and should be applauded for doing so, not ridiculed because they don't have any testicles. Thatcher had them though.

18. swantastic

Vetch get your Mrs off your computer mun you know how argumentative they get :bandit:

Only kidding :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Last edited: Oct 1, 2022
    LIBERTARIAN and daimungeezer like this.
  19. swantastic

The people elected thatcher so the Tory men must have known they would win by backing her after labour had wrecked the country !
    A lot of men died during and after the war too don't you know ? Some equality there then !
    Are you a fully signed up feminist ? If so try and get on TV debating, can't be any worst than the players they put on !

20. DragonPhilljack

I have listened to many of his debates and follow him on Twitter, very humble and intelligent guy......

daimungeezer and swantastic like this.