1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

GC

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, May 2, 2019.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I think we need to judge GC on this seasons results, his remit was to keep us in league 1 which he did, he also didn't have much say in the players that were brought in because there probably wasn't much money available to him.
    Lets judge him this season when the players that are here were either his signings or the players he wanted to keep and hopefully will give him the balance he wants

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

GC was just on BBC Points West and he admitted that City tried to sign him in 2005 but he refused to sign for them! I liked the guy but now I love the guy :)

3. old timer

Just saw the same report CJS he seemed to find it funny

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  4. old timer

3 games 1 point no goals are we looking at the first league 1 manager to get the sack or will they have a little bit of patience

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

How long can this continue for? No goals for 3 league games running. We didn't even get a shot on target yesterday. We still continue to play Nichols. Something stupid like 80 league games and only 2 league goals!!! I actually liked the line up yesterday but they can't seem to play together. We have no width and JCH needs service. I think GC needs patience however how long do we give him? Soon it will be too late and a new manager will have to wait until Jan to make changes. If we stick with GC then we need to support him until Dec the latest. Then get a new guy in who has a month to assess the team to then sort out changes in Jan.

6. MassiveAttack

MassiveAttack Well-Known Member

Hmmm and look where he ended up! <doh>

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Sheffield Wednesday instead of City. Who are above City as we speak <ok>

8. old timer

CJS I am not suggesting that Rovers ask him to leave / sack him. I am concerned that the sale of the club seems to be taking preference over strengthening the team. Against Wycombe we looked very short of quality we had no width and therefore no crosses into the box. I am of the firm belief that this is going to be a very long season

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

It was the same yesterday. Unfortunately we can't play Cheltenham every week.