1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gas piss all over the grass!

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Mcginlay's Car Keys, Nov 18, 2011.

1. shrewdchemic

shrewdchemic Member

I wonder why that might be? Oh, I know why - we didn't bottle it, wrong again Chris!

And the gap is just the 31 points. At this rate our little old tinpot team might get to play Bristol 1sts before long. But not Bristol 2nds for a while - see ya!

2. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm sure AJ might pop in to say hello

3. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Bristol 1sts is Rovers, as we are the first professional club in Bristol <ok> You love being wrong dont you :)

P.S Strawberry tinpots will be a league two club again before you know it. Little clubs just aint built for success :D

4. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

I have come to the conclusion that CG was correct. We did bottle it........champagne bottled it.

5. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

so david james is moving across the city to service your sprinkler system, while he is at it, he may be able to modernise your acetylene floodlight system, now he has time on his hands. how is the gas new stadium coming along

i hear hambrook may be groundsharing with you when the rugby boys leave. pip pip. god the gas looks so small from up here

6. shrewdchemic

shrewdchemic Member

First, oldest, biggest - I prefer to look at the league table. That tells me Bristol 1sts play in red.

Little clubs ain't built for success? You should know all about that Chris! :laugh:

7. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Been in league one recently? Oh no of course, you have just been promoted to league one for the first time ever <laugh>

8. shrewdchemic

shrewdchemic Member

Just been promoted - correct.
    First time ever in league one - wrong by miles. Everyone knows it's the 3rd division with a name change and we've been there and above often enough. You really are desperate to shore up Rovers' ever-diminishing "big club" status aren't you?

Can't live in the past, Chris, and there's no time like the present. And in the present, you're a tinpot club ranked 2nd in a biggish city, but don't be bitter ... :smiley:

9. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

and to think the once great rugby club used to be bigger than both of them. still we have they city. virtute et industrial! i reckon both number i and number 2 clubs will have better seasons next year