1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gary Cahill

Discussion in 'Bolton Wanderers' started by tevezrightboot, Jul 18, 2011.

1. tevezrightboot

If Gary Cahill dose leave where do you think he'll end up playing his football

2. Bolton4Europe

Bolton4Europe Active Member

I don't really know anymore.

He was supposed to be doing a swap deal with you (Man City), but rumors about that have gone quiet recently.

There have been three rumors in the past couple of months.

Man City - You bought another defender, despite this being the strongest.
    Arsenal.
    Chelsea.

I think the 'stay at Bolton' option is becoming more and more likely.

3. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Bolton have a history of being poor negotiators in these deals, Owen Coyle is trying to play hard ball, saying that Cahill won't go unless the right price is offered, but other clubs know that they can beat us down on price.

As we always need money, they know that eventually we will take the dangled carrot, even if we'd actually like a bigger one :)

4. Bolton4Europe

Well what do we rate him at? That is the question.

5. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

As English players seem to be at a premium price at the moment, I'd say the supposed asking price of 17M is about right. But Chris Samba is being punted at half that, and I doubt that Cahill is twice as good as Samba.

But it's pretty obvious that OC is cash-strapped - he will take what he can and try to spend whatever he is given from it before the window slams shut.

The downside to all this though, is that any incoming player(s) have almost no pre-season left to blend with the current team and end up aclimatising in actual matches.

Are we the only Whites who visit these pages? Where did the rest of the 606 fraternity go?

I - like most I expect - signed up for ja606 before it was pulled. Did they just disappear into the ether or have they all pitched up somewhere else?

6. Bolton4Europe

They have all gone on Ja606 <ok>.

I go on there, but most people are so deluded when it comes to matches that I refuse to comment on there. I find that talking with the opposition's fans is less... fustrating than talking to our own fans, and this site is best for that.

Example from ReebokRebel (it could be you in which case sorry) : 'also its looking like tom eaves is going to be our 'new' striker this season, hes geting a lot of attention. hope he can make the step up though...robinson will have 2 target men to hoof the ball to now <laugh>'

This guy is the sort of person who wants Bolton to play **** football. I mean, has nobody seen the improvement that we have made? We can now boot it up AND pass it. He's also disregarded Klasnic, who got us into Wembely <ok>

7. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

I'm not Rebel, and Rebel has always been a bit of a scatter gun where opinions are expressed. But to be fair, these are Forums, which is exactly what opinions are for and he is as entitled to his as we are. Even if he's wrong :D

8. Bolton4Europe

True, but it's annoying when you watch football and you notice something good and other people don't listen to these good things.

Elmander actually played good in midfield in his final couple of games, yet he was booed (by some) off the pitch against City. I thought that was unfair as he did up the mark in the final year, and half the people who booed him off didn't turn up for most of the Megson Era, when he actually played ****. <ok>