1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Gareth Bale

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by glazerfodder, May 17, 2017.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

That is why we have the ****ing RS desperately praying for an Ajax win on their board.

Diego likes this.
  2. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Particularly when you consider that the points we would get from an EL win would guarantee us a ranking of 2 in next season's CL, alongside City, meaning we would avoid Barca, Atletico, PSG, Dortmund, Sevilla and Porto at the group stage. Whereas Spurs are guaranteed to end up facing one of those 6 as a third seed, and Liverpool might even end up as a fourth seed.

glazerfodder likes this.
  3. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Terrible business in Manchester last night. It beggars ****ing belief at the level of cynicism and evil that people can sink to, deliberately targeting young people and even children. RIP.

Diego and glazerfodder like this.
  4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

What could be termed an 'interest' from JM in signing Bale after the Super Cup -

'If he's playing tomorrow then I wouldn't think of that [signing Bale],' Mourinho said in Macedonia.
    'If he's playing tomorrow it's because he's in the club's plans. He has that ambition to continue in Madrid.
    'I haven't even thought about the possibility. If he's not in the club plans - that what you are writing is true - with the arrival of another player, then we'll try to wait for him on the other side and fight with other coaches.
    'If he plays tomorrow it's probably confirmation they'll count on him next season.'

5. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Clearly something is going on. What happened to not speaking about other players anyway<laugh>

6. glazerfodder

JM seems to have gone out on a limb here - if this goes wrong his credibility will be shot to pieces.

7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Why, he has said he admires a player and if he was up for sale he would bid on him. It is unlikely that that will happen but he would be seen as foolish to say he wouldn't be interested.
    It's all clickbait and bullshit.

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I agree, Diego. I don't see how this affects Jose one bit.

Even though it seems odd that Jose is talking so much about Bale without actually putting in a bid, I would say that it all looks like Real is desperate to sell. Why keep a player that you did perfectly fine without most of last season and they seem to prefer Isco and you can try and get £90m for him? They've done a great job getting rid of Morata for £70m if we go by his pre-season luke-warm performances so far. Too early to judge but I'm sure Chelsea fans are scratching their heads.

If Madrid can get £150 for both Bale and Morata and pay that for Mbappe, they would take that all day. Hence why there's been no accusations against Mourinho. They seem to want him gone.

9. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Maureen's mind games. Now picking RM's side for them with the "if he doesn't play crap".
    Looks like it worked, Bale starts...

10. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Mourinho saying the deal is off before it was even on for Bale, I'm happy we didn't get dragged into another saga with RM over this transfer.

They've made slight adjustments to their side, shipped out Rodriguez who won't be a miss as they have Asensio to step into his boots and also Morata, who'll definitely need to be replaced with something, be it youth or a signing, given how much he contributed last season.

I can see why they'd want MBappe to come in but I think they'll want him next season, the agent will probably try to force it this summer in case he has a weaker season (Monaco certainly will) and his value drops. I wouldn't write off any deal with Bale until MBappe signs for a club other than RM.

11. bulletinthehead

bulletinthehead Active Member

Bollocks

12. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Most of what Maureen says, is to be fair.

bulletinthehead likes this.
  13. glazerfodder

Imagine Bale sat at an unveiling presser at OT in a couple of weeks - how on earth would you explain signing for us from RMK without making yourself look a complete prat - this won't happen