1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gao and Championship football?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by St.Kreuzberg, Jan 15, 2018.

1. saintkitch

saintkitch Well-Known Member

I agree that persistent abuse of players is wrong. What i'm basically saying is if you're at a game or watching it down the pub and saints score we are all going to jump around and lose our **** for a few glorious minutes. However if Forster flaps at a cross that costs us a goal or Long misses an open goal from 6 yards then equally **** will be lost and most would react by saying ****ing hell Fraser you useless **** catch the ****ing ball, or, for ****s sake Shane my grandma could have scored that with her eyes closed. Again this is an instant reaction and is over withing a couple of minutes. I think this reaction is a fair one to have from a fan.

2. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

OK I think we’re broadly in agreement, this is pretty much how I feel.

3. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I just sit back in my seat in despair. Yelling wouldn't make me feel better or change what's happened....so what's the point.

4. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Do you think it possible that a display of displeasure could be to sulk? Is it possible to sulk quietly?

5. fatletiss

I don’t support the referee

6. fatletiss

Well this all started with me saying I don’t give the players grief at the game....

Anyway - what is Showing passion when something goes wrong?

7. fatletiss

8. fatletiss

Just read this - ignore some of the above.

1. I have been talking about being at the game, not on TV.

2. No I wouldn’t shout that out. I’d be miffed but I wouldn’t shout out or even call a player a name. I just don’t do that. I would probably slump in my chair. I may even mutter an expletive, but no, I do not shout it out at the game.

I am very passionate.

Missing Lambo and ChilcoSaint like this.
  9. saintkitch

Fair enough everyone is different which is what makes the world go round. For a guy who says Southampton is in his genes though to only be miffed by a poor performance or individual cock up makes me think you are the calmest person in the world. Have you been "miffed" all season or are you getting to the point where our position and performances are creating some other sort of feeling inside you? I get the impression that you treat saints fairly similar to me and its all a bit meh. Doesn't really ruin your week if we lose on a Saturday but creates a great feeling if we win. I think relegation is on the cards this season and at the moment i'm not overly bothered by it. I obviously want us to stay up and i will "losing my **** all over the place" if we beat city on the last day of the season to do that.

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Bit like groundhog day on here. People can be different or sometimes they are similar but phrase things a different way. No point in arguing about exact wording.

fatletiss likes this.

11. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

I'm with FLT on the seat slump. But don't confuse the issue. Every defeat hurts; every last minute equaliser or late winner for the opposition hurts like hell. Relegation will send me into a summer long trough of being seriously pissed off.

I would love to divorce this bloody club at the moment. Not for lack of effort from the players; not for individual cock ups; not even for our dire position (God knows we've been here a few times) but what feels like the same sort of cautious approach that led to our decline post-Lawrie. But I can't. They're in my blood, and outside of my family nothing can give me the ups and downs that these bastards do!

However, Like FLT, I would never scream abuse at a player in a Saints shirt. We've seen our fair share of crap players, but then we are who we are. If screaming abuse at Nathan Redmond would transform him into Ronaldo I might go with that. But it doesn't. It makes him extra cautious, so the lad is criticised for doing what he can do when his confidence is high. After last year's cup win at Anfield, a few of my Red mates wanted to know how much he'd cost, and agreed they were delighted when he went off knackered with ten minutes to go as he scared them ****less. Let's think. Is he likely to try his luck when facing a defender or play a simple pass when he knows that "failure" will lead to a torrent of abuse from his own supporters?

12. fatletiss

I’ll leave this now with this final comment because although you’re saying fair enough, you still question how I deal with it. It does ruin my week if we lose but I just don’t scream and lose my ****. I will be grumpy because it means a lot to me.

I am not sure why this is a problem. Please accept they are in my genes, I am a grumpy bastard when we lose or a player makes a mistake, I’m passionate but deal with it differently to you. Not quite sure why so much is made of it.

No more from me on it.

13. saintkitch

S
    Ok no worries. Didn't mean it to come across as a big deal.

fatletiss likes this.
  14. St.Kreuzberg

St.Kreuzberg Active Member

After tonights result and the transfer window. how likely is this scenario now?

15. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Why did we buy Carilla? Could have just continued with long/gabbiadini/academy guy?

16. St.Kreuzberg

St.Kreuzberg Active Member

To hedge his bets - don't think he's overly concerned either way. 100% His bean counters have done the math and given him figures, on what is sustainable and whats not. I really don't think he has one single penny to invest in this club. Time will tell if and when we are relegated,

17. Lovelocum

It's looking that way. Why on earth Kat is still a 20% shareholder I have no idea.

18. redandwight

redandwight Active Member

With the dosh she got she can afford the hit of relegation. Probably part of the con that the gang of three dreamed up to mug Gao.

19. Lovelocum

But if she knew there would be no investment her share can only decrease in value. The fact she remains a shareholder suggests that she wants to have some input at board level and has a continued interest in success of the club.

Just doesn't make sense. Sell the whole club, gain max profit. If she retains 20% with the knowledge that there will be little investment then its a big gamble, gelegation will surely knock 25-50% off the value of her stake?

20. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

The only logical explanation I can come up with is that Gao could only afford 80% and was the only interested party. An agreement was made so KL got her money for 80% with an agreement that Gao will purchase the other 20% at a later date. Possibly using money he couldn't get out of China at the time, or waiting for the PL money to arrive and using his cut of that to buy the other 20%.

woolstonian likes this.