1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Game Over For Ole

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

What if the puppet master is one of your heros <laugh><whistle>

Diego likes this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Then life can be a bitch sometimes :(

<laugh>

Sucky likes this.
  3. Sucky

<laugh>
    please log in to view this image

Diego likes this.
  4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

keeping my powder dry for tomorrow mate, after City stuff your lot you will have the same record as us.
    Klopp = Ole :grin:

Sucky likes this.
  5. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

i like it when players take responsibility for their actions. Ronaldo was incandescent with rage. Fred was totally unprofessional as I said earlier. He is experienced enough to realise that if he let that ball pass then the team is very vulnerable to a quick counter as most of the players are upfield. This was a goal that should never happen.

Goals are the products of errors on most occasions but simple avoidable errors have to be cut out. The manager must take responsibility if/when the team is not performing but some recent losses and goals conceded (not all) have been down to individual errors that should never happen. Like Lingard’s, Fred’s, even Fernandes himself.

6. Sucky

You been hiding in here with trebs all day yamean<laugh>

Ill see ya tomorrow :emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Christiansmith

No chance. Apparently the RS are guaranteed to stuff City tomorrow. So it will be a surprise if they lost.:grin:

Diego likes this.
  8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This is pathetic, Christian!

The buck starts and ends with the manager. End of! Hence why managers get the boot when teams do not perform. It is squarely the manager’s job to ensure that his team is ready for the challenge. It is the manager’s job to keep them motivated. It is the manager’s job to ensure that his team keeps their shape during matches and tactically refine the approach if it isn’t working.

Please just quit, alone with the nonsensical stuff that Diego is spewing about “it’s the fkin players responsibility”.

What tha hell are you guys on? Seriously?!

9. Christiansmith

Yes ultimately it is the manager who carries the can. i did say that performance is the managers responsibility. As is tactics selections and general discipline. But when lingard Fernandes or Fred’s ****ing up, it (that SPECIFIC action) cannot be the manager’s fault.

Treble likes this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Individuals pile on errors week in week out because they are not adequately drilled on what it takes to go out there and perform at top level on consistent basis. This is squarely down to the manager and the coaching staff. When week in, week out players are committing suicide on the pitch, there is simply no where else to look but at the man that puts out the team.

There is absolutely no hiding here for the manager and suggesting that it is somehow the player’s fault is simply clutching at straws.

11. Christiansmith

sorry. I disagree. If Lingard ****s up and passes the ball to an attacker in the last minute of a match or Fernandes shoots way over the bar in a last second penalty or Fred makes a ridiculous attempt to make a tackle, it is their own fault for THAT action.

We are going to have to agree to disagree.

12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It is somewhat irrelevant whether you agree or not. The manager is fully accountable for the team’s performance, for better or for worse. There really is no need pettifogging by pointing to mistakes made by players to shield the manager from sole accountability.

This is how the world functions, not just football.

13. Christiansmith

FFS I said that the manager is responsible for the team performance

This is YOUR view. I am entitled to mine. Your manager cannot take responsibility for every single **** up that you carry out. Absolute nonsense.

So my point has no validity. Only yours. No point in discussing anything then. Thanks mate.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2021
  14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It’s not my opinion, Christian. It is simply the way of the world.

15. Christiansmith

You have to take responsibility for your **** ups. Not your manager who is responsible for the team’s output and performance. That’s the way of the world.

when you are in a hole, you’ve got to stop digging.

16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

https://www.sportbible.com/football...united-out-of-their-pattern-20211003.amp.html

“Cristiano Ronaldo has been blamed for Manchester United's poor form, due to the fact that he has stopped the team's being in their usual 'pattern.'”

Your logic is deeply flawed like the one above. They are blaming Ronaldo, you are blaming other players. You are all dancing around the fat elephant in the room but pretending that it isn’t there.

If Ronaldo is selected to play, then the manager that picks him must ensure that the system works for the collective team and for each player to play to their strength. That is the job of the manager. Hence why the buck ends with him.

Anyway, enough of this ridiculous debate over where the ultimately blame lies. It’s absurd!

17. Christiansmith

I agree. You’ll have your views about who’s to blame. Others will have their own.

18. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Seemingly everybody but the Man Utd supporters can see that playing Ronaldo upfront is to the detriment of the team. Cavani would be a much better option.

I suppose the buck stops with Solskjaer, though. He's the one that's selecting the formation and tactics!

Sucky and cytrax like this.
  19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

This used to be levelled at Rooney and Zlatan.

They both 'slowed play down' allegedly. Then they left and nothing changed, turns out it was ****e management after all.

Same applies here. Ronaldo, even at his age, is one the finest players in the world. Up to Solskjaer to suss out where he fits in.

To bring Ronaldo back to United and not play him is a ludicrous idea.

Treble likes this.
  20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I actually can't see why the **** we can't go 4 4 2.

He'd need to trust his defence, but it would be Ronaldo left wing, Sancho right wing, Fernandes at 10 with Cavani or Greenwood 9.

CM of Pogba and Fred/McTominay (or even Donny, how's that for a thought?)

But there's a law against 4 4 2 or summat.