1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Game Over For Ole

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No one I can think of. I had hoped it would be Maguire and Bruno.

Next CM to come in should be.

Possibly Varane at the back?

Diego likes this.
  2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Look guys, oles only had 3 years, clearly not enough time (see fergie) and he's not been back enough in the market either so please give him another 5 years.

Also let's face it theres no manager out there who would as good as ole so might as stick with gollum

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You not posted this before somewhere earlier today?

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

BRYAN ROBSON: Manchester United must stick with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foo...nnar-solskjaer/ar-AAPUlUy?ocid=BingNewsSearch

“It’s easy to clamour for the manager to go after such a painful defeat but change now causes more upheaval. The club have found that changes every couple of years just don’t work and who do you replace him with? I’m not sure there’s a candidate who can make such a significant difference without causing major disruption again.

We have to accept Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester City are still a way ahead of us. That gap, for me, would close if we changed our system.”

How much is Ole paying these ex players to keep writing for him. This is exactly why we are stuck in a mess. Because of half brain posts like that which continue to hold onto hope that something will change down the line. It is the absolute definition of madness.

5. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

The voice of reason.

BobbyD and Sucky like this.
  6. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

What an arrogant statement <laugh>

the best you say? That would be klopp amd Pep. Good luck with those two <whistle>

Big Ern, Sucky and pieguts like this.
  7. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Why would any manager worth his salt want to manage Utd at the moment. Ole’s not a blip, you’ve been **** since Fergie retired.

Sucky likes this.
  8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We've got no chance of getting Pep, Klopp or Tuchel and wouldn't t even try, it would be a ridiculous idea.

What the club should be doing though is compiling a list of the best options bar those and seeing who would be interested/available.

It's pretty obvious why United would still be a job to go for, have you seen the squad? The one that finished 2nd in the premier league and had Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane added to it. That one?

The idea that no one would want the job is ridiculous.
    It's mis managed now, by utter amateurs, but any manager with ambition would love to work with some of those players.

They're not suddenly ****e, they been made ****e by our management.

Treble likes this.
  9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh not the brightest bulb in the box that bloke, it's hardly rocket science to say you're not going to be signing your rivals' managers <doh>

I agree with GF that we should be going out to get the best manager out there. Not arrogance at all. And to be honest if the board had a brain cell between them they would've been doing that straight after the Europy Final.

glazerfodder likes this.
  10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Because we're the biggest club in the world and there isn't a manager out there who would turn us down (barring the obvious ones at our rivals which is a stupid point anyway)

On your second point - true to an extent but still winning trophies in that time.

11. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

this is going to be your biggest issue if not very careful, it may already be a problem - a top top coach needs to know that his vision will be supported by the leadership at the club and I’m not sure that the Glazers really want to hand over that power to one man.

Additionally, whether you like it or not, Your lot have become the modern day spice boys. Look at ‘don’t you know who I am’ Maguire, Rashford was out in London until the early hours after losing to Leicester last week with his mate Lingard…..the arrogance of Pogba to tell his club ‘maybe I’ll stay’….the culture is wrong to its roots.

it will take a top top coach and person to turn that around without shedding a lot of players. In fact, you had some very big names try and it didn’t work.

12. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

You’re no longer the biggest club in Manchester, footballing wise!
    You’ve gone all Fosse for your second point. You’re a million miles away from the trophies you think you should be winning.

13. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

Their finances look very similar to those other biggest clubs in the world; Madrid and Barca. <whistle>

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Nope we're still the biggest club in the world, that's just the way it is if you're a manager and United come calling. The footballing side of it is what the manager brings. It's like Real Madrid. No matter how **** they were 15 or so years ago, there wasn't a manager who turned them down.

On my second point I was simply stating a fact that while we may have been poor since Fergie left, we've still won trophies in that time. Like I said, managers come and believe they can bring success. That's true of all the big clubs tbf.

15. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Every manager would want to manage a big club with the potential to win trophies. Especially if the job comes with tens of millions a year plus bonuses to smooth the hardship. This defeat the manner of which was entirely and unerringly predicted by Scholes must have shaken the board of directors if not the owners. Scholes said he could see catastrophe if the set up used for Atalanta was used for the RS.

The club is in a mess because when you sack the manager (like Newcastle for example) the second in command takes over. Who do we have? Coaching numpties non entities like Phelan and Carrick. What also baffles me is that when the goals were raining in via a non existent midfield and chaotic defence, why didn’t the management/coaching staff in the dugout see the same thing as we did? Did they just hope that 2-0 down they’ll do exactly the same thing as Wednesday and come back? Most people would see the **** that was happening and do something. It was like they as a group were frozen or petrified. The players needed clear instructions at that point and they didn’t get any.

My feeling is that the senior players have lost trust in the management too. That’s important because there are key matches to be played. United need at least a point from Atalanta and need to stop the rot at Spurs . The board has got a decision to make. Do they sack the manager in the middle of such a crucial run or do they wait?

Treble likes this.
  16. DirtyLeeds

DirtyLeeds Well-Known Member

If you're the biggest club in the world with the prestige and financial clout to bring in any manager in the world, then why did you hire Ole ?

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING and Sucky like this.
  17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think he answered that already.

But in short, we have fanboys at the top of the club. Ppl like Woodward who look at what will make them popular with the fans rather than making the difficult decisions to take the club forward. So when Ole took charge as caretaker manager and went on a 12 game winning run, they went all jingo-istic and gave him a permanent contract.

^^^^ok not so short <laugh>

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That's a very good question.

I didn't employ him personally, there me be couple on here who thought it was a good idea (even up to a couple of days ago) who can answer that question though.

19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Completely agree with all of that. I think for once we need to start acting like a professional outfit and the suits at the top have to start acting like they're in charge of football club rather than a corner shop. It's a fair point, do we put someone else in charge, even temporarily whilst we search for a manger, during a period of games which could be pivotal. Or stick with Ole and balance up whether he can get us through those important games or lead us deeper into the mire.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Just to add, there's a vacuum at the top in terms of leadership, which is a consequence of Fergie and David Gill pretty much running every aspect of the club for decades.

What it shows is unfortunately we didn't plan for their departure by building capacity within the club for when they left.

Christiansmith likes this.