1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Game Of Thrones

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

My retain list from those at the battle (in an ideal world)

Jon
    Ser Davos
    Arya

The rest can burn.

I’d love to see Jon take proper control of the dragon and burn Greyworm.

2. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Jon and Arya aren't dying. Greyworm is.

Ser Davos is in the balance. I think they'll keep him alive, he's an obvious person to help rebuild Kings Landing.

3. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

A few thoughts on last night's episode:

- Euron's death was proper gay "I'm the man who killed Jamie Lannister" yay ****s n giggles to you man, plus it was technically a million tonnes of rubble that killed him not you.
    - Qyburn's smugness has bugged me for ages, glad to see his head smashed in.
    - "Clegaynebowl" was like the Toxic Avenger fighting a zombie from the Evil Dead....also how come The Mountain smashes peoples heads in for fun throughout the series, but the Hound seems to have some kevlar enforced skull that won't break, and eyes that can't be gouged out?
    - how long has Cercei been pregnant for now? Yet she's still put absolutely no weight on and doesn't seem to realise the baby probably won't enjoy her being in skin tight clothing all the time.
    - I get bored of the lingering shots of Jon panting.
    - Arya actually looks pretty hot covered in ash.

4. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Thronecast are literally ****ting all over the show so far. Bizarre.
    Sky needs to start sacking the set! <laugh>

5. JulioGeordio90

JulioGeordio90 Well-Known Member

Spoilers

Overall, I thought this episode was pretty solid, arguably the best yet this season. The music and in particular the cinematography was incredible. The acting from Emilia Clarke was so impressive too.

Most of all, I'm glad that it focused on the brutality of war, more in line with the writing of GRRM. It was less about heroes heroically cutting through hundreds of enemies. In reality, it focused on what a siege was probably like - lots of innocents being caught up in it.

Unfortunately, I think this season (and last season to an extent) have lost a lot of the elements that made GOT so popular in the past. If you compare the dialogue in this season to that in seasons 1-5, it doesn't compare. In the past, you saw lead characters die brutal deaths. Now, I have the impression that certain characters have 'plot armour' until the writers decide it's the end - i.e any of the main characters at the Battle of Winterfell.

As someone who loved the books, and the fantasy focus of it, this television season hasn't been the best - although you can bet that I'll be watching the next episode the second it comes out...

haslam likes this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Slightly disappointing that it was all kind of inevitable in that episode. You knew results of what would happen with Cersei, The Hound, and of course the dragon queen. John's realisation he needs to rule. Still a great watch.

7. mickeybnufc

mickeybnufc Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly

8. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Cant help feeling that the amount of enjoyment I have invested in regarding the characters has been totally **** upon over the last 2 series (and particularly the last 2 episodes) . Since the books ran out it has turned from cleverly written intrigue into shear Hollywood blockbuster stupidity. I was expecting Daenerys to eventually be a bit more ruthless and nasty but for her to turn psycho on the strength of the goings on over the last few episodes is unbelievable and has spoilt it for me. If her descent into madness occurred over a few series I would have had no problem. Jon Snow has turned into a wet lettuce, Tyrion has turned into a bit of a thicky. Many characters are basically playing out of character and have become more 2 dimensional. Last couple of series felt rushed. For example If somebody was making a journey from Winterfell to Kings Landing the journey would last for episodes and a lot of **** would happen along the way. Now characters just seemed to be teleported, suddenly turning up.
    If the quality of Game of Thrones had started like this from series 1 episode 1, I probably would not have bothered continued watching it.
    Sean Bean will be doing somersaults in his grave!!!

haslam likes this.
  9. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Absolutely, 100% this.

10. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Cracking penultimate episode. <ok>
    Hopefully the finale will be as eventful.

11. E.T. Fairfax

Won't deny it was entertaining. Like watching a firework display though

12. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

Am I the only one that hasn't watched this crap ? I remember hearing people going on about lost and thinking the end of good TV is upon me and how right I was..

13. E.T. Fairfax

I'm not normally one who invests their time in TV. But the first few series of GOT were entertaining. Twists and turns, politics etc. Once the characters started flying around on dragons started it descent for me. PS. Lost was terrible.

Androminan likes this.
  14. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

It looks ****e so I decided never to watch it

15. E.T. Fairfax

I thought the same. It was up to around series 5 when I noticed, whilst channel flicking, that they were showing them from the beginning. Put them on series link, didn't bother watching them for months. Off work Ill, so started watching them. Watched about 4 or 5 series within 2 weeks. Hooked. Last few series, by their standards, have been pap.

16. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I’m just hoping for a higher nipple count in the last episode.

17. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

I utterly hate TV, and it really used to piss me off when ****s raved about Lost and 24 and whatever ****e was cool, however cos a family member was raving about how good GOT was, me and the wife gave it a chance, the first 6 season are amazing, 7 is good, and the latest one is fun but all over the place. Its good, but if you don't think you need it in your life, don't bother, it is entirely possible to live a happy life without it, no matter what the nerds tell you.

Recently got Netflix just for the films, have been avoiding all the TV series that people waffle on about.... apart from Peaky Blinders, which rocks, and is a rare example of me being able to stand a TV series.

18. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

It sounds ****

19. E.T. Fairfax

That's what I thought. My worst nightmare

Androminan likes this.
  20. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

Btw you look like a flatearther I saw on gmtv