1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Game Of Thrones

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Apr 14, 2019.

1. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

This girl used to live on my street. Super-fit.

upload_2019-5-7_23-32-18.png

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

I'd drink her bath water.

3. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

She's in a horror film called "F" as well. She gets her jaw ripped off.

4. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Albert - where is my Brienne/Khabib Nurmagomedov pic gone? You can't class those as nipples surely?

5. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Nowt to do with me mate. I can see it’s been deleted but on my phone so can’t use all the mod tools to look at it. PM me it please as I’m stuck in a hotel and bored.

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

<laugh>

7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Well, that episode should get a certain set of character fans raging.

8. Charlie Dogscock

Well that was a freakin mental episode.

Seems to be getting mixed reviews, but I absolutely loved it.

LiamO likes this.
  9. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

I tell you what her hair looks very different in the reflection

10. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Same, people whining about the character arc, but that side has always been there.

11. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I really didn't like it to be honest.

I strongly suspect that in the books it would work (if they ever actually get finished), there's a lot more patient build up of events in the books and things come out of the blue seemingly but then you can look back and realise that there has been a subtle drip drip of comments and events which actually make it clear it was heading this way.

My issue with the events in this episode were not that they are out of the blue but that after 7 seasons of progressing characters the have been laying it on thick how they were going to end this series - there was pretty much nothing shocking about this episode as it ties in exactly with what they have been pushing for this series so far. The fact that it is at odds with where things were headed previously just shows the downside of a tv show rather than a book, they haven't given the time to actually flesh out the development to this point - for a few of the characters tbh.

Rushed. All felt rushed. They may as well have just had Ned Stark wake up in Winterfell and talk to Catelyn about this weird dream he just had.

12. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

Did you at least finger this girl through her popper pants ?

13. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

I'm trying to work out how that is a response to my post? Erm yeah ok, yes i did. Smell my fingers.

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  14. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

Ah you mean the previous post of mine - Roxanne McKee. Sadly not, super fit though. Pretty sure my wife was aware that if the opportunity arose I would have been morally obliged to have sex with Rox as she looks like that and I have a penis. It's not even cheating, it's a natural response to an unmissable opportunity.

Androminan likes this.
  15. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

Doofy is that you ?

16. Androminan

Androminan Active Member

In my glory days I had my hand up so many girls skirts my girlfriend believed me when I said it was an accident .

17. Charlie Dogscock

Yeah kind of, although it has to end somewhere and can't go on forever. Although Daneryrs has had plenty of hints at having a vicious side, her way throughout the series has always been to give people a choice and let them live if they join her... suddenly we get a few minutes of being told she's pissed off people know the truth about Jon and that she's not accepting any food, and this is enough to justify that she's goes full on pyromaniac psycho lunatic and torches everyone in site. Plus her army who have always believed they are fighting for good become a bunch of sadistic murderers dismboweling unarmed women.

Under the microscope a lot of criticism can be aimed at it, but as a visual spectacle and for enjoyment, it's pretty awesome.

18. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

SPOILERS

Yeah, it would have made more sense if there was a vague possibility of surrender and she killed instead, leaving the audience with hints of it all. The way they did it was just mental OTT with both her and her army, the sacking of the city was just pointless especially after the character has said many times comments like not wanting to rule over ashes. She doesn't stack up as a character. As for the Lannister ending, ffs... it does have to end and in all honesty I'm glad it is.

There's nothing clever or subtle about it any more, it's basically just like a Marvel film as a series. You can feel the drop in quality of the programme after the 4-5th series once they no longer had the books to go off. Visually amazing but the writing just hasn't been of the same calibre and the characters have been caricatures of themselves. Just not impressed.

19. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

A zero nipple count was only partly offset by the large body count.

Arya will kill Dany, mark my words.

20. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

That is the prevailing foreshadowing that has been trailed, not least due to Arya wanting to kill the queen then stepping away from her "list". If I had to guess Dany will turn on Jon in an overly violent and nonsensical manner (inkeeping with the last couple of episodes) and Arya will kill her to protect him. Dany and Grey Worm are surely dead next week the only question being who goes out with them. The Starks all survive now ofc (including Jon) but questions over Tyrion, Davos and the others in and around the City.