1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Future Stars (NH)

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Ron, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This thread is for highlighting (as the heading suggests) future stars. Horses that haven't yet hit the highlights but appeared destined to do so

2. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

I'm really looking forward to seeing Fusil Raffles continue his improvement. Not sure he will be a superstar but I like him a lot,

3. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

Shantou Express is an interesting one from the very early stages of this season. He hacked up at Stratford two days ago for the Kim Bailey yard.

His only other racecourse visit was when 2nd in a really good Ludlow bumper where he split Floressa and Shanroe, both have since franked the form and so did he yesterday.

I think he can go nicely over hurdles and could be one for an early season novice chase at Cheltenham

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Papa Tango Charly

Won his only PTP race with trainer Colin Bowe ridden by B O'Neill and now trained by Jonjo O'Neill (I wonder if these O'Neills are related).

Cost £440,000 when sold at Aintree in April, topping the sale and smashing the previous record. Was expected to make his eagerly anticipated debut under rules in a bumper at Worcester on Thursday but I see he hasn't

Sired by No Risk At All who won 2 G3 races over 10f and was 3rd in a G1 just 1l behind Cirrus Des Aigles. and who is out of the mare Newnes (by Simply Great) who produced Nickname. Nickname, a multiple NH Group winner, has produced some top horses, namely Cyrname, Frodon, Yala Enki, Corscia. Papa Tango Charly's dam was Mansonnien who produced another Multiple NH Group winner in Golden Silver

Expensive for a 4yo gelding so must be expecting something from him

5. stick

stick Bumper King

I think the Fry horse KING ROLAND will be somewhere near the summit of novice hurdlers this season

6. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

ENERGUMENE. Was with Tom Lacey in 2018 who raved about him following his point win. I believe he's now with Willie Mullins having been bought by Tony Bloom. I'm very interested to see how he fares in the staying novice hurdle ranks.
    Quoted at 50/1 for the Champion Bumper which I'd think is unlikely as he'll be 6 next March. The only other festival market I can find him in is the Ballymore - 33/1.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
  7. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Just reading David Pipe's stable tour on the Sporting Life and there is a good word for Eden Du Houx. The form of his Ascot bumper win has been more than franked and he could be one of the leading novice hurdlers this winter.

8. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Dickie Diver, the forum’s 3rd favourite Dickie. To use a terrible cliché (don’t worry it’s not ‘I’ve been told…) the sky is as they say the limit with this one.

The only negative is that he’s a McManus horse so you can’t guarantee they will put him in the right races. At the moment the old boy is similar prices re the Festival for both the NH (that’s NH as in National Hunt not Nicky Henderson) Chase and the old RSA.

Think Dickie Diver will be a star over fences this term and in the seasons to come.

9. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Oh and Trio D'Ecajeul. Unraced on the racecourse but is unbeaten in the old pointing field. Would imagine that he will debut in a bumper sometime this Autumn/Winter (possibly at a huge price so keep an eye out).

10. stick

stick Bumper King

Meyer Lansky runs today in the Worcester bumper. Was third to your one in a p2p.

Ron likes this.

11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Tout Est Permis

Dlauro

12. OddDog

Staff Member

Runs in the maiden hurdle at Exeter tomorrow and is best-priced 5/6 this evening.

Ron likes this.
  13. OddDog

Staff Member

Non-runner (I suspect withdrawn due to the going).

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Entries
    14 runners. 3 stars from Timeform, just two have fewer stars

15. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Al Dancer runs in a Novice chase on Friday at Cheltenham. Appreciate he is not really one under the radar having won a Betfair hurdle but for me he is a hugely exciting horse for this season. I really look forward to seeing how good he could be over fences and could well be one of the favourites for the Arkle at Cheltenham come March time. Very exciting...:emoticon-0100-smile

Ron likes this.
  16. OddDog

Staff Member

Some depth in that novice chase Friday Pops but agree Al Dancer looks a mighty prospect.

17. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

I’m looking forward to the conditional handicap. Wink,wink,say no more.

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hmmm. Bit of a rough race. Seemed to be almost running into the back of horses most of the trip but no excuses when the taps were turned on

19. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

440k is just bonkers

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep, especially for a gelding. They must be thinking he'll grow into a very nice prospect. May do better in a more strongly run race. I wouldn't be too put off by that very muddling race