1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Funny old game

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Strange how things work out. If Kadeem hadn't rolled his ankle in that pre-season game he probably would have been Warnock's choice wide right these first few games.

Not saying he wouldn't have done well, but as a result, a certain Mr. Nat Mendez was given a shot at it from the off.

With Hoilett a transformation since last season seemingly locking down the slot on the left, there may not be the chance for Kadeem to dislodge either in the short term.

Hope he's on the mend and gets fit quickly to push for a start, but also hope in a strange sort of way that he doesn't get one.

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

The way of the world. Great headache for Colin to have though. Competition in the squad is what we want. Kadeem will get a chance at some point. Hopefully he's chomping at the bit when he does.

Wonder who would have been first choice between the sticks if Camp hadn't been injured.

3. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

I remember watching a few games at Peterborough (son in law has a season ticket) with ML in the side. He looked quality back then. He then started to go downhill from there, probably more to do with him rather than his skill, class always shines through. Happy the lad has turned himself around and now reaping some of the rewards his talent merits. Long may it continue in a bluebirds shirt.

4. suprimir

suprimir Active Member

Warnock seems to get the best out of people. Kadeem will have to make the most of chances he is given. Great for the club to have some depth.

5. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

As much as I like Kadeem, I just cant see him getting ahead of NML. He will have to produce some special stuff to get back in cemented into the 1st team.

6. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Harris will get game time either on his own merit or in place of others when injuries, suspensions, form and nature/identity of opposition forces a change.
    Same applies to Manga and Tomlin.

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Nin - I'm sure Kadeem will get some game time. The point I was making was that if he hadn't injured that ankle of his, he'd probably have been Warnock's first option at wide right.

Had that been the case, Mendez would probably have been on the bench instead of starting. Followiing that through, we could easily be 4 goals light in the "for" column, and consequently a few points less in the table.

Like I said - funny old game innit.

8. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

ML wasn't first choice anyway though. He forced himself into the side with his performance at Burton then in the cup.

Unless Harris was having a blinder I reckon ML would have forced himself into the side regardless.

9. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Mendez didn't force himself into the side with his performance at Burton.

Kadeem was injured in the pre-season friendly against Livingston just before the Burton game and Mendez got the chance as a result.

I'm pretty sure Warnock would have started Kadeem against Burton if he was fit with Mendez on the bench.

Whatever, that's history and we've reaped the benefits even if Kadeem hasn't.

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  10. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

ccfcremotesupport likes this.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Stevo - I'm not knocking Mendez in any way, in fact I'm just saying he's been the difference as a result of Kadeem being injured.

I knew he was a sub for Manga at Burton but he may not have been given even that chance had Kadeem been available.