1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Brentford

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cookie-6262, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

So we are finally here, a 9 game mini league to decide the season. Every football fan I speak to says the same thing... the first two games will decide what happens and this is the same for Fulham, win the first two the autos are on, lose them and we are looking over our shoulders for a play off place.

On paper the new rules could favour us, Fulham don’t really rely on the home crowd as a 13th man, we have one of the deepest squads, and the break has allowed craven cottage to look like a carpet for our passing football... annoyingly the one team who are a little similar to all of that are Brentford ( minus maybe the squad depth)

Anyway this first game is huge a win would be the biggest yet of the season but to be honest it’s a coin toss. Maybe if Behrama pulls a hamstring in the warm up we will win as he is arguably the best player in the division.

line up

Rodak

Christie
    Hector
    Ream
    Bryan

Reed
    Cairney
    Onamah

Cavaleiro
    Reid
    Mitro

2whitestripes and Fulham COYW like this.
  2. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

Can't wait. I get this feeling though it might be like the World Cup where the first game always seems to be a nil nil.

Just don't know what's going to happen. We should win but we're going to have to work real hard. I see in the line up you've missed out Knockhart, I agree on that, probably good as an impact sub. I just so hope we stuff em ... please.

3. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

You both sum it up very well.
    The nerves have started, tomorrow is a bit of a lottery and much depends on the players mindsets, no only us but through the division going forward.
    Here's hoping we can discuss the result with good spirits and renewed hope and vision.
    Enjoy the game everyone!!
    COTW's.

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

It's going to be a lottery and starting all over again.
    I think it will be a game of two halfs. High press from Brentford trying to take advantage of us trying to pass out from the back.
    Think Parker might go a bit cautious first half and then change it for the second half with subs to more attacking depending on HT scoreline.

Fulham COYW likes this.
  5. Fulham COYW

Just when my nil-nil prediction was looking right we lose two late goals. I thought both teams played well, we need to be better up front. I didn't see enough teeth in that last third. Ah well, main thing is we played well and there's a lot of twists and turn to come.

6. 2whitestripes

A pretty equal sided game, we had our chances too.
    Telling points were Reed having to come off as the fuel tank became empty, Arter didn't have an impact. Bryan allowed too much to go on behind him and both goals came from his position.
    We will see what other results come this weekend, but we failed to put any pressure on the top 2.
    Heads up, COYW's.

7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

One thing I didn't realise, was the crowd sound wasn't in the stadium, it was only on the TV.

8. 2whitestripes

Yes Super Bri, I watched the Everton v Liverpool game without the crowd audio, it changed the experience making it more like a practice/friendly game. This I see as the reality of what the players experience and very different to the norm. The stats show that home advantage has been lost to some extent, hopefully something we will benefit from at Elland Rd next Saturday.

9. Fulham COYW

I'm strangely more confident of a win against Leeds than I was v Brentford. Both will be licking their wounds and as you say its level playing field.