1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham time...

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Back to earth with a bang.Fulham took up where they left off at the start of the year and tore us a new one (as someone would so eloquently put it!)
    Poor all over the field,funnily though we could have gone in at half time on terms had Didz not been so greedy,really though it would have flattered us.Second half we were pure pants,back to the worst of last Season.
    International break will give us a chance to regroup,and let's all laugh at Norwich in the meantime!

2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Finally got home from the game, and that was back to the embarrassment of last season.
    Fulham annihilated us, and taught us footballing lesson.
    I won't go into detail atm, as this is a game I want to forget (But I won't as I went with a Fulham fan).
    The only players to come out with a shed of credit is Knudsen and Mcg.
    And Iorfa was absolutely awful, positioning sense of a 5 year old!!

3. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

Annoyingly predictable but probably more represtative of our performances over the season. Hopefully international break will replenish our squad and we can come back firing on all cylinders again.

4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

My observations from afar and thoughts before the game centred on so many players being out of position -
    * 2 cbs not cbs.
    * 2 strikers on the wings.
    * Ward CM in a 2 vs Fulham with an extra body in there.

Sooner we get sorted at CB, the better. Also annoyed Downes didn't start the game today, and wonder how long we'll see two strikers playing out wide...

Anyway, 12/15 a good start points wise. Not convinced we deserve so many on the board but couldn't care less. Haha at Nodge, just the 4-0 at Millwall.......... jesus. They look in a mess.

5. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Given our injury crisis Mick can't have much faith in Celina and Rowe at the moment.

6. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Celina needs more minutes, has been ill and just through his first 90 on Tuesday. I think the right call there. Unsure about Rowe, however you would have to assume going forwards the wingers will start games,,,,, that said, what would we do uptop??! Garner + Waghorn, Garner + Dids? Think Freddy may end up on the bench before much longer..... Apparently both Celina + Rowe going to play an U23 game during the break. QPR away next, c o y b

7. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

Well that was a bit of a reality check! Didn't seem much different from the last time we played them at home.
    Hope we can get players back from injury for QPR.

8. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Outplayed, outclassed, and lucky to get away with a 2 goal defeat as it could have been 5 or 6, McG had a couple of relatively easy chances in the first half but overplayed in stead of pulling the trigger, in fact the game was almost a carbon copy of the Boxing Day hiding.
    Iorfa was dreadful, and the midfield was overrun which meant we were almost always on the back foot and the defence under pressure, Kenlock and Knudsen had a good second half but our front men were starved of service so much so that Waggy was subbed and I had forgotten he was on the pitch.
    So far this season its been a similar tale of the opposition have most of the possession but our strikers hit the target and we win the game, but this changed on Saturday when we were unable to supply quality service to our forwards.
    Other Clubs must have noticed how easy it was for Fulham so it could get very difficult from here onwards and I don't think even with our missing players back we could have won the match, injury hit certainly but well played Fulham.

9. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I am struggling to remember if we actually managed to put more than 2 consecutive passes together throughout the whole game! We were dreadful but full credit to Fulham who were superb and without Bart it could have been a Cricket Score. A big reality check that's for sure!

fieldmarshall likes this.
  10. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I remember one ball Fulham played in the 2nd half...it was harmlessly going nowhere, both Kenlock and Knudsen were going towards it, Kenlock was just about to tap it back to Bart, when Knudsen stepped in and did a John Smith and blasted out of the ground with no Fulham player withing 30 yards of him.
    Summed us up to a tee.