1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham time to get the monkey of our backs

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Sep 23, 2021.

1. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

NP over MT every day for me <laugh><laugh><laugh>

2. Red Robin

Ouch that sounds bloody painful :emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I don't see a problem with people having heroes, some of us admired Cotts, I was one, some on here had a love affair with GJ, some regard LJ as special, we know of one who loved John Galley,most regard AD although he did have some probs, older ones all love Gerry Gow, even older ones have big John, I'm one of those as well, RR has Nige, good luck to all of you, we all love Bristol City, that's our connection.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Angelicnumber16 and Jiffie like this.
  4. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I put my back out once trying to gently lower a fridge-freezer to the floor out of the tailgate of my 4x4. I was taking the unit down to a house I rent out down by the County Ground on my own, on a drizzly wet day
    I thought I'd been stabbed or shot, the pain was so intense - and in that part of Swindon it wouldn't have been classed as a surprise!!
    I collapsed in the alleyway in a puddle and couldn't move for a while. Eventually I knew that I HAD to move - I couldn't just lie there in the rain, so I forced myself to 'walk' the Fridge-freezer inside the gate and managed to get back into the car and drive home. I went straight to bed with painkillers and luckily I was ok in a couple of days, so I obviously hadn't done much damage.
    That was painful enough so God knows what your 'proper' back injury must have felt like!!!!

5. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Oh the irony

Red Robin likes this.
  6. Red Robin

Wiz for me Gerry Gow my all-time favourite player-AD for bringing top level football.

But we have never had a manager of NPs credentials at Ashton Gate in my lifetime.

Jiffie likes this.
  7. Red Robin

Let him have his 5 minutes :emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

8. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

Me too and I watched John Atyeo for 10 years.

Red Robin likes this.
  9. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Been operated on prolapsed disc, torn disc above it and now the scarring from the op is trapping it again. I’ve been through unable to bend without screaming. Now onto feeling like I’ve been kicked in the nuts by a deranged horse and then trampled on my thighs.
    The leaning thing, is a new one that I’ve got, the consultant says it’s dropped pelvis but I keep looking at myself in the mirror and getting my wife to check if it’s starting to go back straight. As she called it you’ve gone wonky.
    Bizarrely the only thing the doctors never question on my prescription review is the tramadol and amitriptyline.
    My wife has ****ed knees and my back getting older is not going to be fun for us.

10. bcfcredandwhite

Arguably Danny Wilson had similar credentials having taken Barnsley to the premiership and managed Sheffield Wednesday.
    He seems to have faded into obscurity now though - I’ve no idea if he’s even managing now.

Angelicnumber16 and Supcon72 like this.

11. Red Robin

NP or DW do you think think NP would have cocked up like DW did -no comparison -Cardiff millennium final was a joke.

12. RedorDead

Bob Taylor for me. My brother met him and said that I’m a fan and it’s my sons christening coming up to send a city card as a joke. He sent my son one from him and his wife. Then Christmas cards and birthday cards. This went on after he left and stopped when we moved. That little gesture went a long way.

Red Robin likes this.
  13. RedorDead

First time felt like it snapped. Went to sit down on the toilet of all places. Got into the bedroom and whatever position I could feel this pain came on till that position was unbearable (positions lasted about 20-30 seconds) so basically rolling round the bed. But that was the best way to describe it as I thought I snapped my back.
    When the doctors arrived he started sticking a pin n my arse cheeks close to the hole asking if that felt normal. I was so drugged up I replied “ Are you mad, I don’t normally stick pins in my arse so how would I know if that’s normal” lucky he saw the funny side.
    But apparently if you can’t feel the pin pricks in your arse, it’s the disc that controls your bladder and bowels so needs operating on quickly.

14. bcfcredandwhite

Agree RR but that’s hindsight.
    At the time we had a proven manager with a pedigree. I’m just saying that past success doesn’t guarantee future success.

15. RedorDead

Do you feel guilty like you’re cheating on SoD?

16. Jiffie

Jiffie Well-Known Member

My wife has had 4 knee replacements, 3 on the right knee all ****ed up, she has 5% fkexion in that knee. She is on codeine and amitriptyline and a host of other drugs including a chemo therapy drug for severe arthritis and just diagnosed with a gallstone and a liver problem. I fractured my pelvis and hip joint in a car accident, leaving me with with one leg shorter than the other, a twisted pelvis and spine, both knees and ankles shagged and a weak back, my dad once told me “never get old son”. Oh yes and about 10 years ago I was diagnosed as having been born with only one kidney and I suffer with labryntitis, but could have been worse my dad could have been a gashead.

RedorDead likes this.
  17. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Bristol City fans do. The flag day is a tradition, a celebration of fandom. It's not to everybodies taste and it certainly isn't Bristol Sports, but it highlights fans don't need debate.

Bristol Sport do not debate, they dictate and mislead, Bristol Sport used to run fan engagement meetings, the purpose was to box tick. The meetings no longer take place.

By coincidence today fans are receiving e mails, the unreserved area is no longer unreserved, no explanation, no consultation. Standard Bristol Sport.

The library is a consequence of of the choices those who run the stadium make.

18. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

I booked tickets online at the start of the month, but cannot find the email from them to print them... I can see in my membership status the ticket booking for my daughter and me, so can we go in on just the membership card, or do I have to print them off? Any help is appreciated.

19. Red Robin

Definitely need to print and scan :emoticon-0148-yes:

20. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0138-think TRY DOING IT ON YOUR SIDE …… ! <whistle>