1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham home boxing day

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Dec 18, 2016.

1. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

2. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

We thrashed them 3 days later at Portman Road!

canary-dave likes this.
  3. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

I agree Westy, this Club is being strangled to death from the inside by the lack of investment in the playing staff, and although I'm not a Mick supporter 100% I'm also not sure any other manager would get better results with this group of nonentities ( Bart, Webster, and Lawrence ) excepted.
    A new manager would have different ideas which may bring a temporary upturn in fortunes but the strangulation would continue and slowly choke the life from our Club, so what happens next? Change he manager again? And keep doing that as we spiral downwards?
    I was at that Fulham match Westy and what a great day it was, right from when a crowd of our fans arrived at the match by boat and then the whole stand shaking when we were bouncing near the end, I think we will have our work cut out to get a win Boxing Day.

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  4. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

The Boxing Day 1963 results for the First Division have one glaring omission, there no mention of the result for our six fingered friends, oh silly me, wrong division!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.
  5. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Yeah true to a point Big Al but he's been fit for years so a good chance of fit for the season - guess you're right though always good to have a plan B.

The problem is more Evans than Mick any rate - but we know why the pursestrings have been tightened thanks to the previous 3.

It really is up to Evans what he wants out of the club. Operating loss of £6.6 mill. I mean what do you do. Gamble for 2 seasons that we grab the golden ticket, failing to do so means a complete restructure and probable relegation / rebuild and go again, or just do it the way we're doing and hope for a miracle.

If I had ££££ I sure as hell wouldn't buy a football club that's for sure.

6. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

If Mick had millions he would spunk it on the likes of Douglas anyway!
    Fm, you just dont get it, ME dont tell MM what players to play and it what position! We have a semi decent squad that another manager could probably get more out of!
    Both are as culpable as each other but i still blame MM more for our current position and i most deffo wouldn't trust Mick with millions!

7. johnnywarksmoustache

You have to wait another 10 years before they got promoted to the top flight for the very first time!

whitestallionblue73 likes this.
  8. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

Dammit, I've clicked on the history channel in error! :emoticon-0105-wink:

canary-dave likes this.
  9. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I know some a*#e started banging on about the distant past<doh>

ncgandy likes this.
  10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

One minute it is ' we have no money to spend' then we apparently have Million pound plus offers turned down and respond with 'won't pay over the odds' or 'won't be held to ransom'..........

...... if we are not gonna spend any money just tell us so we don't get our hopes up.........and certainly don't think that the Bullshit offers that are half the asking price fool any of us into thinking we have any ambition....

I believe that MM is paid very well so that he will toe the Evans lieN about the finances and desires of the club when MM took over I didn't think he would be a puppet but it shows that money can't keep anyone quiet.

11. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I certainly think ME is an issue here but lets face it Mick has probably slightly over achieved on paper the past couple of seasons with the squad he's got and now we've got a far better squad than we've had for years and yet we're not doing very well. Not only that but we have some quite good players technically now yet we still see the same old boring crap every week.

When I had a season ticket under Burley & Royle I used to feel excitement going to the matches every saturday because even if we didn't win you knew you were going to be entertained, you had the odd poor performance but they were rare, under Mick I actually can't think of a good game of football and I begrudgingly go to the matches every now and again and feel cheated out of my money every time I attend.

12. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Can't remember the last time I woke up on Saturday morning and thought "Great Town are at home today" Quite sad really.

13. Spanish

In the past i honestly dont think that a day went by when i didn't think about itfc but now......

14. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Hi guys Fulham fan in peace, a bit of a view from our side. I have to be honest but Ipswich have gone under my radar for the last season or two so not sure what's going on up at Portman Road but you guys don't seem to happy.

From a Fulham view we are actually playing extremely well this season which is a nice change from the 3-4 years of dross we have had, fans are excited and interested again and hopeful of challenging for a play off place. We are currently 4 points off the play offs but without trying to be bias have probably played a lot better than that, I can't think of one game where we got points we didn't deserve ( maybe opening game, web snuck a 1-0 against Newcastle in a pretty even game) but plenty have gone the other way, a undeserved 94th minute equaliser by Leeds at Elland Road, a 1-1 draw v Burton where we had 24 attempts to there 1, a loss to QPR where we dominated and missed 2 pens, a few more as well.... Anyway we are playing very well and can beat anyone on our day and are a little bit more consistant this season.

On the downside we do not have a great record against you guys, and our Achilles heal is we do struggle when teams get physical and direct, not sure if this is your style but history of Mick McCarthy teams suspect to me it could be. Wolves away was the prime example we were cruising 3-1 away from home having played some amazing stuff they changed to a more direct style second half and we almost lost it needing a last minute equaliser 4-4.

We have issues at centre back with the solid Thomas Kalas out with a hamstring and his regular partner Siggurdsson 50/50, we have a decent back up in Michael Madel but our 4 th choice Tim Ream can be very hit or miss.

We have added a lot of pace to our team this year, Ayite and Aluko on the wings are quick but Fredericks and Right back is the quickest thing I have seen a football pitch.

Anyway good luck hope it's a decent game

15. johnnywarksmoustache

My only hope is that we don't suffer the same score line as 53 years ago!

16. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Although I think that team would do better than our current line up.................".........................

......And most of them are in their 80s.

17. Spanish

Cant see anything but a comfortable Fulham win, 4-0
    Mick out!

18. Spanish

Douglas back in, seriously just **** off Mick!

19. Spanish

Wow, its buzzing on here! Just predicted that Martin would score, shock horror he doesnt let me down!

20. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

I'm at the game.... I can't begin to tell you how bad we were in that first half. Seriously I've never seen anything that poor