1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by WhatDoesWoyWant?, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Flywhitehigh

Flywhitehigh New Member

Im a bit late but could I join?

2. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Welcome on board I will send you the code now via Private Message

hope it doesn't mess up your cup plans Captain

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

That's no problem. If one more person joins after Flywhitehigh, we won't even need any byes for the cups! If anyone else is thinking of joining us, act now because I'll be doing the cup draw in the next day or so.

And welcome aboard, Flywhitehigh. Best of luck to you (unless you get drawn against me in the cup, of course!).

4. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

He could join 10 weeks in and he's still get more points than me.

5. dempsey's revenge

Anyone else having trouble logging onto the Fantasy league site this morning?

6. Captain Morgan

Yeah, me too, DR. I think the problem is with them rather than with us. Any problems in our teams, however, we can't blame on anyone else...

7. Captain Morgan

I am delighted to announce the draw for our inaugural knock-out competition: The Luis Boa Morte Memorial Shield.

Round will take place as previously announced (weeks 7, 9, 11 and 13). Assuming that Flywhitehigh has joined the league, there will be 1 bye to the quarter finals, with 14 teams playing in the first round. In the event of another team joining the league before the first round, they will be drawn away against the team with a bye. If more than one team joins, the last one in will have to miss this cup and wait for the next one later in the season (I'm planning on running three tournaments, if that's okay with everyone).

In honour of our sponsor, drawn games will be decided by which team loses the most points through red or yellow cards during the gameweek in question. Cards awarded to the whole 15 man squad will be counted, so even your subs bench could still put you through by virtue of indiscipline. If teams are level on cards. Just to clarify, the more points you lose, the better it is for you in a tie-break situation.

If teams are still level after cards are taken into account, the winners will be (in order) the team who scored the most goals in the gameweek, the team who scored the most assists, the team who scored the most clean sheets (defenders and goalkeepers only, not midfielders), the team who conceded the fewest goals (defenders and goalkeepers only). If teams are still drawn, then a replay will take place in the week immediately following.

And so here's the draw, which was made with the assistance of my eldest son to avoid any fiddling. Not that he could tell you if I had fiddled it, but it was the best I could do.

Bye: The Dembele Flops (who will now be ruled out of receiving byes in the other two tournaments)

First Round Draw:
    Flywhitehigh vs West London Whites
    Fulhamyself vs Europa Dreaming
    Megson's Barmy Army vs Dempsey's Revenge
    FulhamDad13 vs McBride's Legion
    Tootif vs Cravendale FC
    Marauders vs FFC Madness
    12 Danny Cullips vs Riley's Oley Oley's.

And, once again in honour of our sponsor, may the cloggiest, most aggressive teams win!

8. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Phew, I'll take that. I'm not doing well this season.

9. Penguin

Penguin Member

Liking the sponsor, Captain and loving the tie-break cards rule. Very Fulhamish and very well organised.

10. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Thanks Captain - Madness and FulhamDad are already behind having missed out on the first week (Not helped by not realising the point scoring significance of the appointing a Captain - In my rush to sign-up late, I didn't read up enough).

Love the tie-breakers - An Unfair Play League.

11. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Lets hope the people running the site (EA Sports ?) can get their act together as it seems to lock you out alot. <steam>
    during the week I heard Rooney had pulled a hamstring so I took the captaincy off him
    but because there was no confirmation, I went back to changed him back to captain, only to be locked out on Friday and saturday, missing out on an extra 19 points.:emoticon-0101-sadsm

12. Captain Morgan

Well, I'm loving my choice of Ashley Young as captain this week - the first time so far this season that I've put the armband on the right player, and worth an extra 23 points! Get in.

13. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I was punished this week for putting the armband on Darren Bent - I think I'm better off with Silva or Aguero!

14. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I don't know we pay £10.6m for Ruiz and Fantasy Football League has him down for £7m
    we've been robbed.;)
    Same price as Bobby Zamora was at the start. (now £6.8m after inactivity).

Orlando Sa is £5m so we've made on that one
    Grygera is £5m so we've made on that.

15. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Sorry I haven't been updating this (slacking in the admin department), I will get round to it I promise, my Mrs was in hospital r.e. birth of second child but it was a false alarm.

If someone can PM me the updated scores (no access in work) I will sort it <ok>

16. WhatDoesWoyWant?

17. dempsey's revenge

Woy, is it true you're naming your next child Semundseth?

As far as keeping the scoreboard up to date, don't worry about it. Baby takes priority.

18. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Haha no mate, it has been Drew since the day we found out.

I like to keep the board updated to see how well (or not in some cases-me included) we are doing

19. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

On a totally selfish note, don't bother updating the board WWDW - I'm having a right stinker this season! :p

20. Captain Morgan

I thought I'd had a good week until I saw everyone else's scores. I'm top in my other league and bottom half in this one; I guess that says something about the footballing knowledge of Fulham fans.

No sign of FlyWhiteHigh joining up yet. If he hasn't taken his place in the league by the time the cup games role around, WestLondonWhites will be deemed to receive a bye (and will be unable to get a bye in any subsequent cup competitions). Remember, week 7 is when it all kicks off.