1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by WhatDoesWoyWant?, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

WDWW - 17 transfers this week? Really? In a 15 man squad, that's spectacular!

2. WhatDoesWoyWant?

I know :emoticon-0107-sweat
    I'm s**t at predicting things, I'm so unsure I bet I will log on again tonight and change it all again.

Every time I add someone my mate says 'He won't get you points' and I listen to him. <doh>

Love doing the admin on not606 for the league but not the actual game itself :huh:

3. Penguin

Penguin Member

I have to say this unlimited transfers for another week thing has been a mixed blessing. I haven't gone totally mad with transfers like WDWW but I can't resist tinkering with the team just because I can. I also have mates who tell me they think x would be better than y and a will score more points than b and its hard not to listen to them even though they don't know any more than I do!

4. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

I think you can drive yourself crazy overthinking these things. Idealy you'd pick a new team every week based on your opponents. I want my boys going up against Wolves and QPR, not ManU and Chelsea. I'm not usually involved in things like this, but my plan is to just stick with my team most of the year, perhaps making a trade once a week to cover injured players. I figure, a good player is a good player and he'll get you points.

Same thing with the stock market.

5. WhatDoesWoyWant?

DR has got the right idea

6. dempsey's revenge

I hope you're right, Woy.

7. Captain Morgan

After this week, one transfer a week is all you can do without losing points. To be fair, before the season started I was changing my team around on almost a daily basis. I've only made a couple of changes this week (and one of those was only to free up money for the other one) but that's because I had spent so much time tinkering with the original selection. Generally speaking, it's quite rare for me to be completely happy with my squad and to resist the temptation to tinker.

8. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

It can affect your enjoyment of games and enhance it too - when Liverpool play us, a teeny tiny competitive streak in me is going to be praying Suarez scores. Last season Berbatov was the most frustrating player ever, he didn't score for 3 or 4 weeks, then when I benched him he scored FIVE. Thankfully one of my midfielders didn't play so he came off the bench.

9. Khadrim

Khadrim New Member

Team name is Marauders

10. dempsey's revenge

Hopefully someone will update this page with the new scores. I can't get to the site from my office ... not that I'd ever surf on company time, I'm just saying.

11. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Yeah if someone could PM me the Week 2 scores I will happily update

Have the same issue as DR...

12. Captain Morgan

Are we set at 14 teams now? If we're not expecting any more, I'll do a draw for the first cup. With 14 teams, we'll need two teams getting byes to the quarter finals, and the remaining 12 playing a prelimary round. Anyone lucky enough to get a bye will automatically have to play the prelims in any subsequent cups.

Here are the dates I've picked (without checking the fixture list - honest!)

Prelims: week 7
    QF: week 9
    SF: week 11
    Final: week 13

In the event of a draw, the teams replay in the week immediately following. If still drawn the winner is determined by the following criteria in the following order: most goals scored in the replay, most assists, fewest goals conceded. If the teams are still tied, the one with the highest league position goes through.

The draw and - more importantly - the cup sponsor will be announced once we know definitively how many teams will be competing.

13. WhatDoesWoyWant?

14. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Yes, I have not had any other entries so i'm guessing that 14 is our final number

15. Penguin

Penguin Member

My team were woeful and will be getting a stern talking to.

Captain, that sounds like a good plan for the cup.

I'm very excited about the sponsor. Please can it be someone glamorous? A champagne house or maker of luxury chocolates?

16. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Our sponsor should be:

please log in to view this image

17. Captain Morgan

I wouldn't get your hopes up, Penguin.

18. Penguin

Penguin Member

Damn. I was afraid you were going to say that.

19. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

The irony for me this week was I had Zamora in my team and my automatic substitute for him was Jarvis who got me 14 points.

But that's one of my phobias that I don't have players of teams Fulham are playing in my team, I put them on the subs bench if I can, so that I don't feel so bad if they come on and get me points. <cool>

20. WhatDoesWoyWant?

<applause> classic <laugh>