1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham Fantasy Football League

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by WhatDoesWoyWant?, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Khadrim

Khadrim New Member

Didn't realise there was a Fulham only league. Can I get in on this?

2. Penguin

Penguin Member

Hi Khadrim (and welcome to the board by the way). Yes, you're very welcome to join. I'm afraid I'm useless at stuff like sending PMs but I'm sure one of the guys will be along later and will send you the code.

I'm not sure what happens with points if you join in the middle of "gameweek" but I'm sure it will sort itself out

3. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Hi Khadrim, check your PM mate, welcome on board not 606

4. WhatDoesWoyWant?

What do you all think to this;

Shall I run a weekly report after all the points are in each gameweek just for fun on here??

Maybe make a table and post it on here?

5. Penguin

Penguin Member

I'm going to say yes to either or both of those then regret it when I see my name at the bottom every week!

Incidentally, my defence has done a lot better than my attack - think I studied the methods of a certain Mr Hodgson for too long.

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I think a weekly report would be excellent. If it always appears in the same thread throughout the season, that will help minimise the annoyance to people who aren't taking part and don't care about how many clean sheets we each got.

Are we going to do any knock-out cups within our league? If WDWW doesn't want to add another administrative burden to his schedule, I'm quite happy to act as cup organiser - setting dates for rounds, doing the draws etc. Equally, I'm organising the other league I'm in this season and I'm doing cups for that, so I'd be quite happy for someone else to do it with us.

I almost had a Hodgson-like defensive display, but I'd left Senderos and Woodgate on the bench in favour of Enrique and Smalling. I had two goals disallowed as well, but as one of them was Bent's I didn't mind that so much. I'd have happily lost my Given clean sheet as well.

7. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Sounds good Captain, I would need someone else to do the Cups as I don't get access to the fantasy site during working hours and Mrs WDWW says I spend far too much time giving attention to football and not her when at home!

8. Captain Morgan

Great. I'll give us a few weeks to find our feet with our teams then plan a schedule for the first cup. Incidentally, how many cups do people want to have? I think at least two - one before Christmas and one towards the end of the season. Is there an appetite for more than that?

9. dempsey's revenge

dempsey's revenge Active Member

I just realized something: I pulled three players each from Everton and Tottenham, and since their game Saturday was postponed, I'm certain to be bottom of the league until they manage to play. It's not fair!

10. Captain Morgan

But at some point you'll get a week where they all play twice. Of course, we'll all know that week is coming and will be able to buy a few Spurs and Everton players ourselves to make the most of it! All's fair in love and Fantasy football, DR.

11. Penguin

Penguin Member

Two sounds right to me Captain, unless after the first we found it so much fun we squeeze a third in.

DR - you've just made me feel so much better!

12. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Tactics, that's what it's about

Two cups seems fine - I don't know how hard it is to organise a cup?

13. Captain Morgan

Cups are easy. Make sure we all know which gameweeks relate to which round of the cup, randomly draw two teams against each other and whoever scores the most points on the relevant week knocks the other one out. We need to have an agreed basis for settling draws - either a replay the following week, or the team who got the most goals, or whatever - but apart from that it's a piece of cake.

Of course, you'll all have to trust me not to fiddle the draw, but that should be easier now you know that my real name isn't Sepp Blatter.

14. Penguin

Penguin Member

I think we've only got 10 teams at the moment which isn't an ideal number. Does that mean someone gets a bye or something?

15. Captain Morgan

Yes, we'll have to have byes, but that's not a problem. With ten teams, six will go straight to the first round and four will have to take part in a preliminary round. Anyone who has to play the preliminary round in the first cup will automatically be immune from being drawn to do so in the second. If we get any more managers joining before the cup starts, it's not difficult to juggle the numbers so the first round proper has eight teams.

Alternatively, we could do a cup competition with group stages and bizarre rules. I once devised a Fantasy football cup where at the end of the first round, nobody had been knocked out!

16. dempsey's revenge

I get the feeling I'm over my head. All I did was go out and pick the best players I could find at the positions and within the budget. I'll have to get one of those "Fantasy football for Dummies" books in order to be competitive. Good thing the rest of my players came from West Brom and Sunderland ... oops!

17. Penguin

Penguin Member

Crumbs - I'm glad you're organising this!

A group stage arrangement could be quite fun and would make it all last longer but I appreciate that would mean more work for you. I'm happy with any format.

18. WhatDoesWoyWant?

I like the sound of the one with a qualifying round before the 'first round proper'

19. WhatDoesWoyWant?

HTML:
    Fulham FC Not 606 Fantasy League Board 2011/12 Season:

Can now be found on page one of this thread at the top

20. dempsey's revenge

You can't post HTML, Woy. I've tried it and it doesn't work.

<table><tr><td>cat</td><td>dog</td></tr></table>