1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Fulham @ Deepdale 13/8/2016

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Aug 10, 2016.

1. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Fulham arrive at Deepdale with a 100% record having beaten title favourites Newcastle last Friday and Leyton Orient in the League cup on Tuesday.
    Having watched last Friday's game was impressed with the team next to the Thames, they seem to have bought well in pre season, Malone and McDonald plus possibly the best keeper in the division David Button. They have also brought in Sone Aluko from Hull and have gone abroad to bring in Denis Odoi and Floyd Ayite who both seem to be blessed with something we do not have a lot of which is pace.
    Last season was a season of struggle however personal view think they will do well this season, we havce already played them in a sort of pre season bounce game in Ireland were we kindly let them win 5-0, last season we drew at the Cottage 1-1 and lost at home 2-1 in a game which was memorable forthe amount of time wasting Fulham did on the night, both scorers from last season McCormack and Dembele have left for pastures new and replacing them may be a difficult. Giant forward Matt Smith scored against the Toon, whilst Adenrian and Woodrow with two scored against Orient last night.
    Jokanovic made 11 changes last night so will probably make 11 again for Saturday when he will probably start with the side that beat Newcastle.
    North End still need a right back not convinced with Grimshaw in that position, also we still seem to have a side that cannot tackle. Pringle will be up against his old side as he makes his home league debut, was impressed with his passing ability. Apart from Woods and May who are long term injuries, Pearson has a injury and we have not yet seen the giant Dane Makienok.
    Garner substituted in last two games seems to suggest he maybe not be first choice this season. Having 21 efforts at goal last night with only two on target does suggest we need to be a bit more clinical, won't be easy on Saturday against a side who I think will defend and try to catch us on the break.

So far this season

PNE LW
    Fulham WW

Next up
    Preston v Derby
    Leeds v Fulham

Again playing cricket so no match report

2. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

Not having seen NE played during the practice season and reading reports on the two matches so far, I have a feeling that SG does not know his best team. Against Reading, it took a change of formation to wake the team up and on Tuesday night they moved smoothly through a L2 team but could not break them down. I can understand why and think he is right to decide not to risk Beckford on an EFL game even though he is the one most likely to score. To me, Doyle is too lightweight to be a centre forward. More of poacher. Glad to read that Pringle impressed you, Maclad.

3. themaclad

Agree with you about not knowing correct team

4. themaclad

Got a text from my mate who said it was going to be a long season, unhappiness on social media, expected us to lose today and it duly came to pass, need a right back and people who can actually tackle in midfeld. Rumours of Garner to Rangers grow, can go for me cannot score at this level.
    Next up Derby easy peasy, honest.

5. barnetpne

barnetpne Well-Known Member

One cannot blame a wrongly given offside for NE's loss. If it had been given, it would have been hard lines for Fulham. Only consolation i that someone did score.