1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic FSG Sale of LFC...?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Jimmy Squarefoot, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool have been put up for sale by Fenway Sports Group. Sale deck has been produced for interested parties. Goldman Sachs + Morgan Stanley assisting evaluation process. Unclear if deal gets done but FSG inviting offers

2. Jimmy Squarefoot

EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool have been put up for sale by Fenway Sports Group. Sale deck has been produced for interested parties. Goldman Sachs + Morgan Stanley assisting evaluation process. Unclear if deal gets done but FSG inviting offers

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  3. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

Don't believe it personally. Any links?

4. Jimmy Squarefoot

The Athletic reported it (David Ornstein)

This is the official statement. Now please believe me

upload_2022-11-7_12-56-41.png

5. jaffaklopp

jaffaklopp Well-Known Member

6. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Just saw this as well.

Anyone hoping for big spending in January needs to have a rethink now.

They're clearly seen city chelsea and now Newcastle spending like no tomorrow, realised don’t fancy that and seen how much is constantly needed to continue competing and decided nows the time to cash in.

Can’t be mad at them for it. They got us cheap and will make profit, but at same time they did turn us into a very good club again, the off the field stuff got us making money commercially that we weren’t taking advantage of before

Prince Knut likes this.
  7. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

:eek:

8. saintKlopp

Hmmm...

9. johnsonsbaby

I've just read the piece in the Athletic and it isn't very clear. Are they looking for a full sale or more shareholders?

FSG say "FSG has frequently received expressions of interest from third parties seeking to become shareholders in Liverpool. FSG has said before that under the right terms and conditions we would consider new shareholders if it was in the best interests of Liverpool as a club."

10. saintKlopp

I quoted that above. The headlines scream "LFC up for sale" but the statement says nothing of the sort - more along the lines of welcoming inward investment, so who knows?
    We'll see in good time I suppose.

11. moreinjuredthanowen

I'd not be panicking over any of this sort of stuff.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

btw, there's nothing on LFC website so this looks like one that's flying round the houses without an sources bar the athletic. even the FSG "statement" can't be found as a direct quote on internet but rather a "they told us" in the echo.

given the quotes of investment in facilities are off by 100% (FSG have never put 250mil in for raining and stands, they put in 120mil and forced club to find the rest themselves) I'd take i all with a large pinch of salt.

13. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

I guess it’s like any big business. Not gonna say we’re desperate to sell the lot as just drives price down.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

well, its this simple, either FSG are liars or they are not :)

if you have loads of "interest" in becoming a shareholder and that kind of stuff then you don' need a sales deck and pitch the club to prospective buyers.

Roman abramovich needed no such thig when sanctioned. It was full on feeding frenzy by the piranhas to buy it up.

As i said, its a shrug your shoulders moment and really FSG ae indifferent owners to me following super league debacle and making do etc. not the best, not the worst so its now up to them to either sell or not, responsibly or not, and see where the cookie crumbles regarding SoS and klopp and investment.

I've said 100 times if i said it once we ae not buying a 100mil player in January anyway so like it or not people will jump up and down with delight assuming the next group in are going to be sugar daddies and not glaziers or worse..... we've had spivs (moores) we've had shysters (G&h) we've had maker doers (FSg)

don't assume for one second the next lot in won' double ticket prices and sell off the playing staff for kicks.

examples venkys at blackburn, glaziers at old trafford, moshiri at everton (such wase) jising at southampton, portsmouth group, bates, risdale, G&H. the list of unfit owners goes on and on.

So roll the dice and see.

15. saintKlopp

How does "We would consider new shareholders" equate to "We are selling up"?
    There seems to be a lot of reading between the lines here.
    I know you desperately want this Jimbo, but have a think about where we would go from here if it were true.

Zorba and johnsonsbaby like this.
  16. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Liverpool owners FSG open to selling a stake in club (msn.com)

Big recession (depression) coming, and they've seen their initial investment increase more than tenfold in value - they won't sustain that on their current model, and they know it. Get out now and sell to a leveraged Mike Ashley type? And goodbye Klopp.

17. johnsonsbaby

Too soon to tell mate. Their statement is very ambiguous, plus Sky just had a report that FSG confirms they are committed to the PL despite the latest story.

18. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

please log in to view this image

moreinjuredthanowen likes this.
  19. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

If they sell, they sell. If they sell shares, they sell shares. If they don't do either, so be it. Not too fussed tbh.

Only one concern really, don't want another shambolic H&G type ownership if they totally sell up.

They're probably looking at the current squad and the investment needed

Prince Knut likes this.
  20. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

As long as they spend Billions on the squad every window i dont care if osama bin laden buys us.

Football is what it is these days, money matters and we need more of it than fsg are willing to give.

please log in to view this image