1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Frustrating

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by ninian opinion, Jan 23, 2023.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Forgive me for being a perennial negative sod but I did say early in the season that we looked like a relegation bound team. We have seen very little to change that view.

Got to score goals to win games. We don't.

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

OS come on give us some optimism :emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think

3. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The sun is out in Porthcawl this morning :emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think

BrizzleBluebird and clingo like this.
  4. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Sunny here too
    Glossy Glosser so to speak.

BrizzleBluebird likes this.
  5. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I still maintain that we were on the right tracks under Morison and that his departure had a significant affect on the squad. It's fair to say that even then we weren't scoring but we looked a lot more comfortable on the ball and were creating chances. It felt at the time that confidence amongst the players was improving and I think that by now we'd be finding the back of the net a lot more.
    Unfortunately, the changes in the manager appears to have undone a lot of really good work and confidence commitment has taken a battering. There's still quality in the squad but it's going to take something really special to fire the players up again.
    If we somehow survive this season, I think it'll be time for wholesale changes in the squad. Not because they're bad players but because they seem deflated beyond repair.at the club
    If course, our new man may work a miracle and make this offering totally redundant. Let's hope so.
    Bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds

6. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

If its any compensation, after the first 10 mins, your lads tightened up at the back, and, to be fair, it was a fairly even Stephen game. Just nowt up top and not much in the way of luck.

7. ninian opinion

I was expecting more in line with a late play off bid was still on the cards:emoticon-0105-wink:

Oldsparkey likes this.
  8. BluefromBridgend

Hi Clingo As I have said before it was Morison's personal traits that were mainly responsible for his exit plus a couple of poor results.

Rumours of bullying younger players and backroom staff plus telling VT to foxtrot oscar. Not a good move. Plus other bits I can't remember.

All together, not acceptable, despite some improving trends on the football side.

However, from 17 signings, how many shown any real worth?

9. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Hiya BfB. Hope the run went well <ok>.

Now you mention it, I do recall you and I having this conversation before.

I'm not suggesting that if true, the rumoured reasons for Morisons's mean the correct action was taken. My point was more to do with how the disruption affected players and subsequently, progress. I think Callum O'Dowda was one that talked of his disappointment. As for the signings, I wonder how much Morison had to do with them. Though it seems he was influential in persuading O'Dowda to come here. While his limited financial resources affecting his own choices (like other managers), his loan signings showed what he might have done.

Anyway, too many unknowns to argue the point with much more conviction and as a said originally, just my theory.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  10. BluefromBridgend

You're certainly right on O'Dowda Clingo. His disappointment was public knowledge and probably a couple of others felt the same.

However if we were giving marks out of 10 for his signings then few would be over 5 and some, Campbell, Simpson, Sawyers, Travers and possibly Etete would be lucky to get 3 at most. Collins and Adams n/a due to injuries.

I appreciate the financial limitations but its almost like he threw a volume into the pot and hoped to pluck out some gems.

Of course, Hudson's appointment was also a failure and we were on a downward curve when he started as manager.

Nevertheless, mostly conjecture and personal opinions. It is positive that we can air our views on here in a reasonable way without fallings out, unlike other boards.
    There was a humdinger on the Spurs board this week.

Run completed thankyou, without any issues. A 10k personal worst for me and Mrs BfB was a good 4 minutes ahead. Younger, fitter and not carrying 2 stone excess weight, 1 stone of which was added in the last 3 months. Yes, I ate and continue to eat all the pies.

Weather glorious in Murcia. 22 degrees C at 15.30 today. Not a cloud in the sky. We come home Tuesday unfortunately.

BrizzleBluebird and clingo like this.

11. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Back to the optimism request from Nin - in very short supply, in fact I can't find any at the moment. Got a horrible feeling that Smoochy is out of his depth given the task he's been given. Sincerely hope I'm wrong - mind you it wouldn't be the first time....... <laugh>

Good squad/bad squad - take your pick, but someone has got to get this together over the next half dozen games. The saving grace maybe that "people person" Bamba can do it behind the scenes whilst Smoochy fronts it.

BluefromBridgend and clingo like this.
  12. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

So you've gone for Smoochy I see
    I was going for Mini La Moochie
    Hi-de-hi-de-hi-de-hi
    Ho-de-hi-de-ho-de-ho

13. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Interesting and totally speculative question. If it all went breasts up this next half dozen games or so after these two defeats and Smoochy was dismissed as a result, what could happen?

Do you think Bamba would feel obliged to leave with him, or would he stay on and work with " Red Adair" Warnock for the last 8 to 10 games to keep us up with a view to inheriting the job next season?

14. ninian opinion

I saw enough in our performance at Hull to suggest we can at least score; certainly created a few more openings than at Luton. In previous seasons we’d have won both games but this current team hasn’t got that winning instinct.

At Hull ODowda & Philogene put in several good balls but as Sabri said afterwards the City players weren’t brave enough in the
    Hull box. Kaba looks like he’s a handful and 9 times out of 10 he scores at the death.

Left back is an issue. ODowda is wasted at LB so give Bagan a go - anyone but Simpson.

Disturbed to read Colwill is down the pecking order when he’s given Sawyers 2 starts and he’s been ineffective each time.

It was interesting to see Etete & Kaba on rather than Davies &/or Harris.

His team selection v Boro? 4-4-2 with Bagan at LB, up front Kaba and Robinson as a pair. Wintle & Colwill in the middle. OD & Philogene out wide.

15. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

She had a dream about the King of Sweden
    He gave her things that she was needin'

Been keeping an eye on things but not been posting much. A few reasons, a bit of apathy, rugby 6N starting (though that hasn't been any better), been asked to co-manage our club trout fishery (taking a bit of time to get my head round a few things), a bit of apathy, getting ready for lambing, a few domestic things and a bit of apathy and gaps between games which has caused a bit of apathy.

The weather is picking up, a frosty but bright morning, which will lift the spirits. Always feel better with a bit of sun on my bones, though carrying some winter weight so not sure it'll get through to my bones.
    An afternoon of getting some documentation together for the fishing club this afternoon with another member of the management team. Three of us in total, but one is in Oz for a month.

Anyway, hoping for an upturn in fortunes, if only to avoid relegation.
    Then if the Hammers do the same, Sullivan can cash in his chips in London and come home. We could really do with an owner that understands football.

16. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Don't suppose you've put down new paving stones either, due to a pathy.

Have to say that I've been in a similar mood after the exhilarating experience of North Scotland and the less inspiring sporting stuff you mentioned.

As far as our beloved Bluebirds are concerned, I agree that it's difficult to see how we can stop bouncing from crisis to crisis with the current owner and board. But hey ho, perhaps he'll see the light, get some expertise on board and get some positive continuity going. We can only hope.

Bloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooobirds

17. BluefromBridgend

Winter weight?

Mrs BfB says I'm a fat git rapidly turning into a beached whale.

But I'm her fat git. :emoticon-0115-inlov

ccfcremotesupport likes this.
  18. robbiethemole

robbiethemole Well-Known Member

We used to have an apartment in Punta Prima, fly into San Javier and 20 mins up the AP7

19. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Im about 2st above my playing weight and 1st above my comfortable 'walking about' weight. First goal, back under 16st.
    The problem is, mrs remotes birthday is 2 weeks after Christmas, our daughter's a couple weeks after that then mine a few days after that. Christmas to 1st Feb is one long binge.
    Time to be sensible.

20. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

I assume you will be needing part of my seat on Saturday?

ccfcremotesupport likes this.