1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Friendlies

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by allbluelenny, Jul 20, 2021.

1. allbluelenny

allbluelenny Well-Known Member

I see the friendlies are ready to start are they on EFL
    Looking forward to another up-and-down Gills Supporter Season.
    Hope you are all safe and well. Will supporters be aloud back in the grounds this season??

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

Welcome back Lenny.

I think the friendlies got cancelled due to covid in the team.

3. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I took in the game last night at home against Millwall. Was great to be back at Priestfield. Some areas have had a lick of paint too which is nice. Selling "out of date beer" however for £2 quickly made itself viral last night.

As for the performance, we were the better side first half and deservedly took the lead through Kyle Dempsey who just looks far too good for us. Second half was a lot more broken due to how many substitutions each side made, Gills making 9 in total. Millwall got themselves an equaliser from a poorly defended corner and it finished honours even.

There were a few trialists involved last night too, Connor Ogilvie (remember him?) started the match but came off second half, Mustapha Carayol (Ex Middlesbrough, Nottingham winger), Rob Hall (ex Oxford forward) and one other in central midfield. Out of the last three none of them really set the world alight, Hall was virtually non existent it has to be said.

brb likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

I saw the bit on twitter about the out of date beer to my disgust.

Anyway to the footie and thanks for the feedback. It's great Kyle Dempsey eh, quality player that makes all the difference to the season ahead, players like that attract crowds, which improve attendances.

Connor Ogilvie, I would love him to stay, I know he's got his critics and some on here, but I'd have him in my squad, although not as a defender. He likes to get forward and mix it up, he likes to score goals - play him anywhere other than CB.

Mustapha Carayol, I recognise the name, probably because he scored his first goal against us for Middlesborough lol and I love a winger as you know. I see he scored 11 goals in 50 for them, which is more impressive than looking at Halls record.

I'm hoping we can get off to a good start this season rather than waiting until January. I've high hopes, but I never learn haha.