1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Friendlies Thread

Discussion in 'Preston' started by themaclad, Jul 8, 2011.

1. theflyingplumber

Hi! finneyfan, great to have some company on here. Many people are reading the threads but failing to respond by leaving their thoughts and comments.
    Anyway back to topic, I am not convinced that Mellor wants to be at PNE nor that PNE want him to stay regardless of what PB has indicated. He is after all one of the higher earners that PNE were hoping to move on, and his pre season performances (according to reports) left a lot to be desired from someone seeking to re establish themselves with the club and fans. If he were to move on his wage could be used to bring in a couple of players, and Mellor would have to be replaced. I can recall Jemson and Robinson both being promoted to the first team when young and proving to be a big hit, both with the fans and the team.
    Proctor could do the same thing if given the chance.

I think there is still work to be done re assembling the playing squad and wouldn't be at all surprised if other departures weren't announced in the near future.
    There would be in-comings as well.................I would like to hope..<laugh>

Take care finneyfan...<ok>

:)

2. themaclad

themaclad Well-Known Member

Wigan score within 30 seconds and now make it two

3. tommyt

tommyt Member

Something rotten at the centre of our defence.

4. themaclad

Linganzi makes it 1-2, whilst Wigan make it 1-3

5. theflyingplumber

Well Northenders today is PNE's last pre season game before the club embarks on a promotion mission to attempt getting back to the Championship at the first attempt.

Wigan are todays opposition and will be a far tougher nut to crack than the ones PNE have encountered in their previous games. Rivalry between the two clubs should ensure a bit of needle is present in the way the players and fans approach this game. On the other hand neither team will be wanting to lose players due to injury etc, so common sense will be required as well.

PNE TEAM : Turner, Jordan, Linganzi, Carlisle, Morgan Devine, Hume, Coutts, Nicholson, Russell, Mellor. "Treacy/Barton NOT featuring today" ????????
    PNE SUBS : Proctor, Daley, Mayor, Parry, Leather, Wright, Miller, Middleton.

WIGAN TEAM : The Wigan team is Politt, Gohouri, McCarthy, Caldwell, Thomas, Moses, Gomez, Boyce, Sammon, Diame, Figueroa.
    WIGAN SUBS : Di Santo, Watson, Redmond, Jones, McArthur, Gollabaryt, Boothman, Lopez, Al Habsi.

Wigan take the lead straight away.

McCarthy gives the visitors the lead inside 30 seconds. So then an uphill battle "AGAIN" 30 seconds into the game.....<steam>
    Diame made a darting run down the left teasing Morgan the ball was played into the middle, not cleared and McCarthy fires home.

Wigan go two goals up after 10 mins.....Victor Moses deflected shot sneaked past Turner at the far post.

THIS is NOT the start that PB or the PNE fans would have been looking for, things can only improve can't they ?????..:)

PNE fight back and pull a goal back.... Trialist Linganzi
    Nicholson crossed the ball and Linganzi lost his man and smartly volleyed the ball past Pollitt. Superb finish...:)

31 mins and It's all happening at Deepdale as Wigan go two goals in front again. .. Boyce won a header free at the back post. They have their two goal cushion back. ...So PNE need to come back again from two goals down at Deepdale.

HALF TIME at Deepdale with Wigan still holding a 1-3 lead........ PNE have plenty to do in the remaining 45 mins.

PNE Team for the second half....The PNE team for the second half is Turner, Jordan, Daley, Carlisle, Morgan, Devine, Russell, Mellor, Hume, Coutts, Nicholson.

Full time score from Deepdale PNE 1....Wigan 3.

Northend conclude their pre season friendly programme with a home loss to Wigan, a quite emphatic win by the Prem side and well deserved as well.
    I suspect that there maybe strong/interesting debate by the fans who attended this game, not least about the PNE team selection, NO Barton NO Treacy, Proctor not used until very late in the game ????. "I think that Treacy HAS LEFT PNE" . We will see..<ok>

6. themaclad

Bob on about Treacy, Plumbs he's gone by the sound of it

7. theflyingplumber

I have just been looking around one or two forums and all indications are that he has gone to the Dingles (sometime next week). I wonder how much we have given him away for ?????. Who is likely to follow him next then ?????

PB has a mighty task ahead of him this coming season, no doubt about it. <ok>

I fear the natives will become restless if ML doesn't be seen to be supporting PB in his attempts to bring players in.

8. themaclad

Sounds like Magic Maurice was getting some stick today

9. tommyt

tommyt Member

The Mellor start is a bit of a worry. Would have thought that Proctor deserved the call, particularly if Mellor wants away.

10. theflyingplumber

Proctor should have been given at least 30 mins today, he has made his mark in the pre season games and earned the right to play a significant part today.

See the rumours thread for the latest on Treacy etc...<ok>