1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Friday football seems to suit the dons

Discussion in 'Aberdeen' started by Highland Gunner, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Highland Gunner

2. Psychosomatic

Psychosomatic Well-Known Member

Never mind Friday football, Theo - although the result against Dunfermline was fantastic and made my ravings on another post look excitingly crass and stupid - we're leading 2-0 against Dundee Utd at the moment. I can barely breathe for fear of spoiling it. Dare we hope a corner has been turned?

Bet on it. (I'm feeling feisty.)

3. Psychosomatic

3-0.

If this is set to become the second 4-0 victory in a row for Aberdeen....well, nothing. I have no reaction to that. I just wouldn't know what it felt like. I'm already numb.

4. Psychosomatic

3-1.

Hmm.

5. Psychosomatic

Right so. 3-1 full-time. Excellent. Two comfortable home wins on the bounce and just over 10,000 people at this one.

Casting forward, I see we next have Celtic away and then Rangers at home. Celtic appear to be in a bit of a mess at the moment, so that may help, and Rangers – whilst continually winning – are being made to work to grind out their results. I’d settle for two draws. I only wish that we were playing St.Johnstone and Motherwell first – our subsequent opponents – before having to tangle with the Old Firm. It would be good to build up a head of steam before facing the psychologically tricky matches against the Glasgow sides.

Oh, St.Mirren have just equalised against Rangers. Nice one. Maybe we’ll beat this lot, after all. The league is suddenly there for the taking, to be sure.